Orchestral Essence, an orchestral/hybrid soundset for zebra

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

Fixed an awful sounding patch than went into the uploaded bank, fixed today.(version 0.1a).

-Fixed Violins sections 1 and 2. Now it should sound properly. Added a bit of vibrato velocity control on the XY pad to those.

Dont forget to use layering for sections combination, that is Violin sections 1, 2, violas section, cellos section each on its own layer, and write horizontal monolines, there is way more control like that.

Warm regards!

Bump.

I hope some of you got a very good use from the bank. Even I am using it to do small orchestral videogame tracks.

Working on a little update. When I have time with my other endeavours (actually the work that brings food to the table) I will update. I check the bank almost everyday and test the patches, adding and fixing patches constantly. I will post soon.

Regards.

Bump!

Made a lot of changes. I have observed that using several velocities on different sections of a patch can even tame the sound, so watch over this if you are doing patches on zebra.

-Improved Strings a lot, added some more patches to combine sections. Still have to decide what to keep.
-there were a problem by my part with velocities and now everything sounds way better.
-Fixed staccatos (this time, yes!).
-improved cellos and violas who needed some love.
-Now Harp sounds more like a real harp.
-Improved Width on all patches, it makes a difference.
-Checked out releases and reverbs as some were off.
-Finished keyscalings/ranges.
-Fixed some clashing instruments, for example french horns and trombones can sound now better in unison (even if its not recommended musically to make them play exact notes).
-And some more stuff I cant remember.

Im preparing a new demo. For all those people generous enough to buy the bank, thank you! You will have updates soon.

Warm regards, Al R. Gómez (aka Kel).

Kel wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:10 am Bump!

Made a lot of changes. I have observed that using several velocities on different sections of a patch can even tame the sound, so watch over this if you are doing patches on zebra.

-Improved Strings a lot, added some more patches to combine sections. Still have to decide what to keep.
-there were a problem by my part with velocities and now everything sounds way better.
-Fixed staccatos (this time, yes!).
-improved cellos and violas who needed some love.
-Now Harp sounds more like a real harp.
-Improved Width on all patches, it makes a difference.
-Checked out releases and reverbs as some were off.
-Finished keyscalings/ranges.
-Fixed some clashing instruments, for example french horns and trombones can sound now better in unison (even if its not recommended musically to make them play exact notes).
-And some more stuff I cant remember.

Im preparing a new demo. For all those people generous enough to buy the bank, thank you! You will have updates soon.

Warm regards, Al R. Gómez (aka Kel).
Thanks for working on this preset project.

tl , you are welcome.

I hope all you find a good use of it. I think there's still place for improvement, so slowly I will improving the bank with time. Now its a thing of gratefulness to the users and of course fun, when time permits. The objetive is to make it as usable as possible, given the limitations of a synth (well one of the best out there).

Cheers.

Kel wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:13 am tl , you are welcome.

I hope all you find a good use of it. I think there's still place for improvement, so slowly I will improving the bank with time. Now its a thing of gratefulness to the users and of course fun, when time permits. The objetive is to make it as usable as possible, given the limitations of a synth (well one of the best out there).

Cheers.
:tu:

bump!

Hi all! Will update the bank between today and tomorrow.(finishing now). I went from 83 patches to more than 120 (all fixes and adjustments, and more patches to have more options).

First thing is, if some of you have problems with the modwheel you must make a template(empty song) with the modwheel linked to one instance of zebra, then go to the other instances and move the modwheel, it should adjust and then save. When you reopen if you dont hear nothing just move the modwheel a bit(before rendering a song, etc). In this case im using FLstudio 12(yes I know its a bit old, but on my system it works very well).

Another thing is, try to use multiples of 3 db for the volumes in different instruments in your daw. That is what I do, and works wonders. I think I heard it form an engineer long time ago.

Anyway, thanks! next day Im preparing a demo(famous tv show!).
Regards.

Made a new sketch... all you know the song. Showing new marcato strings and solo cello.

Tomorrow if possible I will update the bank. Cheers!

https://soundcloud.com/ruberboy/zeb-demo2

Another sketch with Marcato strings. There is harsh, harsher and soft. I think it makes more sense to have it in separate patches.

https://soundcloud.com/ruberboy/marcato-sketch-zebra

Im still fixing Things. Will update on monday. Sorry for the delay but its a very important update as It changes many patches and adds new stuff( bass trombones, marcato strings , many fixes).

Warm regards, AL R. Gómez.(Kel).

Kel wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:25 pm Im still fixing Things. Will update on monday. Sorry for the delay but its a very important update as It changes many patches and adds new stuff( bass trombones, marcato strings , many fixes).

Warm regards, AL R. Gómez.(Kel).
Take yr time...
I can only speak for myself:
Paying for the soundset was meant as an appreciation for yr good work. So expectations concerning optimisation aren't at the forefront of my thinking.

Thanks for those nice sounds.

Regards,
tl.

tl wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:32 pm Take yr time...
I can only speak for myself:
Paying for the soundset was meant as an appreciation for yr good work. So expectations concerning optimisation aren't at the forefront of my thinking.

Thanks for those nice sounds.

Regards,
tl.
You are welcome.
Actually, my urge for updating the bank isnt just optimization, the sound in general has been improved a lot (almost two months of fixing stuff)and I want the users to be up to date.

Its nice to have a good review anyway, thanks.
Hope everyone gets a good use from the bank.

Hi all.

I will upload a new version of the bank. Still have small things to fix, but I want to update it as soon as possible.

There are many changes:

-Added Marcato Strings.
-Fixed Staccatos (redid them).
-Some instruments are adjusted to scale, others not, because some instruments are more natural to play in a synth a bit out of scale.
-Violin Sections, fixed quite of stuff and now its clearer to see groups.
-Harps now sounds more realistic.
-Violas and Cello sections fixed.(still some to fix).
-Added Bass Trombone.
-Added Orchestral Trumpet patches and (soft/legato) trumpets.
-Redid some of the Taikos and Timpanis. They are clearer to the ear now.
-Fixed French horns and trombones.
-More stuff I cant remember.
-Now the count is 120 patches.

Advice is, dont delete the old version patches, as some may be of use and I continually change them (I have old versions of all, chaotic, but sometimes the old sound is better).

As always work in progress. Will update very very soon. Regards, Al. R. Gómez.

Kel wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:42 pm Hi all.

I will upload a new version of the bank. Still have small things to fix, but I want to update it as soon as possible.

There are many changes:

-Added Marcato Strings.
-Fixed Staccatos (redid them).
-Some instruments are adjusted to scale, others not, because some instruments are more natural to play in a synth a bit out of scale.
-Violin Sections, fixed quite of stuff and now its clearer to see groups.
-Harps now sounds more realistic.
-Violas and Cello sections fixed.(still some to fix).
-Added Bass Trombone.
-Added Orchestral Trumpet patches and (soft/legato) trumpets.
-Redid some of the Taikos and Timpanis. They are clearer to the ear now.
-Fixed French horns and trombones.
-More stuff I cant remember.
-Now the count is 120 patches.

Advice is, dont delete the old version patches, as some may be of use and I continually change them (I have old versions of all, chaotic, but sometimes the old sound is better).

As always work in progress. Will update very very soon. Regards, Al. R. Gómez.
How's work going?

Regards,
tl.

Hi TL.

Actually, Im so busy with other design works I will try to upload what I have done in the next days. I want to include all the old banks as in first release and last changes, so you have both of them on one download. There are many good patches on the first release that now are different.

I will try to do it as soon as I can. If someone needs it for now, just message me and I will send you the last update.

Regards, Al. R. Gómez.

Return to “u-he”