Crystal Planet

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Cinebient
KVRAF
3616 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:57 am

This is some years old (one of my first tracks i made on mac...before i made music just with my iPhone :D ).
Reworked it a bit but the mix might suck since i lost some data and had to use some crap mp3 (but soundcloud anyway compress the shit out of uploads).
Beware of some huge reverb washes (yeah, i like it).
Mainly used here Dune 2, Zebra 2 and B2 (yeah, many 2´s).
Have a chill and a nice weekend :)
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/crystal-planet

wagtunes
KVRAF
13391 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: Crystal Planet

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:50 am

My Feedback

Music - 7.5
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 9
Mix - 7.5

Overall - 8.125

Comments: I was really hesitant to listen to this as you basically warned us that is sounds less than stellar but I figured what the hell. Place is kind of dead and I'm bored so I needed some time to kill. Anyway, the low end sounds really muffled. Maybe some EQ can clean it up? Or is it beyond that stage? Otherwise, not really all that bad. Musically a little sparse but it's a nice ambient kind of listen. For whatever reason, there seems to be more music posted here without main melodies than with them. Not sure why that is. All in all, trust me, I've heard a lot worse, including way too much of my own stuff. Anyway, only criticism is the low and and lack of melody. Otherwise, it's fine.

ChamMusic
KVRian
887 posts since 12 Jun, 2006 from Birmingham, UK

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:27 am

Interesting and effective atmospheric, soundscape track. Enjoyed listening to it.

Personally I would like it more developed musically, but I know that's not for everyone! :0)

I agree with Wags on the mix - low end sounds a little muddy and muffled compared with other frequency ranges.

Only other thing for me was those ongoing toms...became a little bit intrusive after awhile....maybe slightly further back in the mix?
Mark Taylor
Chameleon Music

Cinebient
KVRAF
3616 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:46 am

Thank´s for the feedback. Maybe i just should lay it down. Like i said i just had parts of it in mp3 with some FX backed in already and so it might be impossible (at least for me) to make a good mix.
It doesn´t offer much melody but it is intended as it is mainly a kind of rhythmic ambient thingie.
I really like to make often just soundscapes. Or better said cinebient ( :D ) music which is more a landscape of a fictive visual how i see it in audio.
Most of my stuff is like this with some outbreaks into electronic and soundtrack pieces or just a weird combination of all :)
My most favorite might be some darker, horror and/or sci-fi stuff which are hybrids between simple (also microtonal) melodies and harmonies with some pure soundscapes or dark ambient.
I also called it just atmospheric electronic music some years back.
Well, i´m not young anymore but i still just started to learn music. So far it´s a great journey....but a bit expensive as well.
So i will go back to just a few tools and might focus on a specific theme (like i did with the only 2 albums i ever made).
I think my music is a bit chaotic and it needs to settle down and i have to find my focus.
Thank´s again.

Return to “Music Cafe”