Vember Audio Surge is now open-source

DSP, Plug-in and Host development discussion.
esaruoho
KVRist
147 posts since 4 Feb, 2010 from kontula, helsinki, finland

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:44 am

Ghostwave wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:11 am
Surge is an excellent synth and features what is IMO the best and easiest modulation architecture. It's just so easy to assign multiple parameters to LFOs and such while keeping a very clean and informative interface.
ain't that the truth. when i got to the modulation matrix and realized that you can bind a LFO rate to control another LFO's rate and that there are 6 LFOs and 6 SLFOs for a total of 12 LFOs.. ridiculousness.

And the audio-input and stuff. this is hands down the nicest softsynth for certain types of mutilated modulations that i have. so glad to have it for renoise, live and logic. and now that the user-made presets are stored on the mac at ~/Documents/Surge I can just write a preset on one computer and continue with it on the other computer without any issues. really glad this has been opensourced, thanks a lot, kurasu!

esaruoho
KVRist

Re: Vember Audio Surge is now open-source

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:51 am

aMUSEd wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:44 am
No VST2 to test but with the 1.7. AU in Logic preset saving is not working properly, if I give a patch a new name then edit another field like Category or creator it reverts the name to what it was originally (eg Init SAW) - does the same with category changes - also it changes the Creator to the same name as the patch when reloaded.

Also I can't see where the preset has been saved to - there is nothing in the folder 'patches_user' so not sure where they have gone.
Interim fix for making sure your patches are called properly:
When you click on Name, type in a name, then press Tab. then type in category. Then press Tab. then type in author. Then press Tab. then type in contact/details/comments. then press Shift-Tab.

Now click on "OK". left-mouse-button-click will simply dump out the written-in-text and put it back to "Init".

There's a ticket about this, and it'll hopefully be fixed soon, it's a bit of a hairy bug.

the user-saved-presets on mac are saved to ~/Documents/Surge

esaruoho
KVRist

Re: Vember Audio Surge is now open-source

Post Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:40 am

aMUSEd wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:47 am

hi aMUSEd, the preset saving focus issue has been fixed and is now available in the newest builds (january 12th 2019 or newer)

there's also a #macpackages channel on the Surge Synth Slack
https://join.slack.com/t/surgesynth/sha ... mNhYzQ3NTU

Return to “DSP and Plug-in Development”