Vember Audio Surge is now open-source

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Surge XT The Sonic Transformation

Some problem here with no GUI in Live 10 on Win10

I'll try again...
Is there a 32 bit installer for 32 bit o.s. ?
The one on github is 64bit only
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Thanks Claes!

BTW: I really miss Shortcircuit 2 ever since I moved 64 bit. I really think that it's the best, most intuitive and creative sampler plugin ever.

just 64bit sad, someone can link to 32

If Claes didn't build one, there is none...

I was using Surge last month on Live 10 without any problems. GUI was fine (if too small these days) ... I'm on Win 8.1 64bit.

thecontrolcentre wrote:I was using Surge last month on Live 10 without any problems. GUI was fine (if too small these days) ... I'm on Win 8.1 64bit.
Then the Live 10 issue might be related to the current free/open-source version.

As mentioned above i get no GUI with the 64-bit VST2 in Live 10 Suite and Windows 10 64-bit but it works nicely in Cubase 9.5.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Surge and Shortcircuit 1.1.2, both with color schemes support and bigger font size, couldn´t ask for more..

I don't get it why the 32 bit version isn't available .
It was on his website for years .... just a pointer to that download is all it takes .
C'mon claes
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

open at least 32bit version for mac please

Thanks a lot! May your digital creation find lots of love and live on for generations!
Didn't know that the dev behind Surge and Bitwig is the same (well, one of them). Ignorant me :)
Now when looking at it - the color schemes seem to share some common taste :)

Really wonder how this ever could be sold for 100 bucks, kills waveform 9.2.1 instantly while only changing a preset. Evry time.

Ingonator wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:I was using Surge last month on Live 10 without any problems. GUI was fine (if too small these days) ... I'm on Win 8.1 64bit.
Then the Live 10 issue might be related to the current free/open-source version.

As mentioned above i get no GUI with the 64-bit VST2 in Live 10 Suite and Windows 10 64-bit but it works nicely in Cubase 9.5.
Seems likely ... the version on github has a beta version number. I probably wont upgrade ... am currently running v.1.5.2

Working fine in Tracktion 6. Nice synth too. Thank you Vember Audio!
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

tatanka wrote:Really wonder how this ever could be sold for 100 bucks, kills waveform 9.2.1 instantly while only changing a preset. Evry time.
Because it was brilliant when it was out and actively developed. Now it's just outdated so possibly could be unstable in some hosts, especially flaky ones like Waveform.

Return to “Instruments”