Valhalla Delay released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaDelay

rewrite history wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:39 pm All this talk about noise might turn out to be a great for the developer. Since Valhalla is already known for having multiple reverbs, each with their own character, maybe this is an opportunity to take all the feature requests given and create another flavor of a clean digital delay.

That way you can keep the original intent of this delay intact, while delivering all the feature requests in a clinically sterile digital delay...
I certainly have absolutely zero interest in a sterile digital delay! ;-)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anyone having trouble saving presets to the “User Presets“-folder, check permissions for that folder, mine were set to "Admin Read Only“ so I couldn't save anything to that folder, fixing permissions solved that issue.

rewrite history wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:39 pm That way you can keep the original intent of this delay intact, while delivering all the feature requests in a clinically sterile digital delay...
Also Valhalla Delay is not the only delay in the market and some of them are clinically sterile.
Murderous duck!

Let me start off by saying that I own every Valhalla plugin prior to this release. And after hearing what this thing can do I find it to be just as good as their other FX.

However, as money is stupidly tight right now, I have to ask this question.

As an owner of both Soundtoys Echoboy AND Melda Productions MTurboDelay (which has more controls than a rocket ship) is there anything I can't do with what I already own that Valhalla Delay can do? At first glance, I'm not seeing it. But I'll wait to hear from somebody who knows all three delays in detail, as unlikely as that is as most people here seem to hate Melda Production stuff though I don't understand why.

Anyway, would love to hear from somebody who owns all 3 delays.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:27 pm Let me start off by saying that I own every Valhalla plugin prior to this release. And after hearing what this thing can do I find it to be just as good as their other FX.

As an owner of both Soundtoys Echoboy AND Melda Productions MTurboDelay (which has more controls than a rocket ship) is there anything I can't do with what I already own that Valhalla Delay can do? At first glance, I'm not seeing it. But I'll wait to hear from somebody who knows all three delays in detail, as unlikely as that is as most people here seem to hate Melda Production stuff though I don't understand why.

Adding my interest as well. I guess valhalla delay maybe also might be less cpu hungry and has everything on 1 page. But it seems echoboy has different algorithms when it kicks in you can set the threshold etc which valhalla seems to not have and is pretty great in echoboy + the visualization how the sound gets panned is awesome.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I have all three. My short answer is that what takes you 10 minutes in Melda and 3 minutes in EchoBoy, takes 20 seconds in the Valhalla.

No some intro\loyalty discount ? (sorry did not track all top)

Richard deHove wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:37 pm I have all three. My short answer is that what takes you 10 minutes in Melda and 3 minutes in EchoBoy, takes 20 seconds in the Valhalla.
Assuming that Echo Boy or Valhalla Delay do what you want... MTurboDelay does A LOT more.
http://admiralbumblebee.com/
Audio Software Reviews, Woodworking, Programming and more...

Valhalla don't do sales, it's just reasonable pricing to infinity...

Anyway, I didn't need it at all, tho I still bought it, even after spending a bunch
on other plugins the same day. ...It was the sound and efficiency and the desire
to support such a great plugin creator... :tu:

Robert Randolph wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:53 pm
Richard deHove wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:37 pm I have all three. My short answer is that what takes you 10 minutes in Melda and 3 minutes in EchoBoy, takes 20 seconds in the Valhalla.
Assuming that Echo Boy or Valhalla Delay do what you want... MTurboDelay does A LOT more.
Agreed of course! And without studying the specs I suspect EchoBoy can technically do more as well. This is all part of the fascinating mixture of capabilities, complexity and human interface where the apparent whole can be more (or less) than the sum of its parts.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:27 pm Let me start off by saying that I own every Valhalla plugin prior to this release. And after hearing what this thing can do I find it to be just as good as their other FX.

Well, what made it a must buy for me is that it's got a very long (up to 8 bars!) delay, which is super awesome for sound on sound types of ambient stuff. The Soundtoys and Melda delays max out at 1 bar, which isn't enough for what I do. I did a 2 bar loop and messed with the defusion... and then I realized an hour had gone by. :hyper:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

pekbro wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:54 pm Valhalla don't do sales, it's just reasonable pricing to infinity...
About price yes, it seems it not very bad option, though did not check demo yet, but judge by modes amount it's must buy, just with some discount would be an additional incentive not to postpone it for the some future hehe.

Richard deHove wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:40 pm
Robert Randolph wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:53 pm
Agreed of course! And without studying the specs I suspect EchoBoy can technically do more as well. This is all part of the fascinating mixture of capabilities, complexity and human interface where the apparent whole can be more (or less) than the sum of its parts.
:tu:

I think it's always worth starting from the simplest plugin that can do what you want. Valhalla Delay really feels like a supremely easy to operate product that you can get the most common delay sounds out of (and ghost mode).

I would think that anyone looking for a delay should probably start with this, or Colour Copy and only consider touching something else when you've exhausted those possibilities.

You don't want to end up like me, spending all day screwing with MTurboDelay or Late Replies (and having a blast!) to find out that you totally lost focus of why you grabbed a delay :hyper:
http://admiralbumblebee.com/
Audio Software Reviews, Woodworking, Programming and more...

Really fun product. Congrats Sean & team. :tu:

Automation of feedback into self-osciallation and the chaos that ensues is quite cool for transition effects. :tu:

Return to “Effects”