Dark Forum Theme?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It doesn't seem like it's ever going to happen. It's been way too long now. Kinda blows. It's one of the things that set KVR apart from all the other forums. It's just not the same anymore.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

fgimian wrote:In the meantime, I can only suggest the "Dark Reader" browser extension which seems to work moderately well on this site.
I'm using it right now and I think it does a great job on producing good colors for the forum.

Click on the unread topics tab, dark theme is there. Why won't Ben roll it out to rest of the site?

The best solution for me would be using the CSS prefers-color-scheme but considering how complex PHPBB3 is I understand why Ben is giving this very low priority.

Nothing yet? :|

samsam wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:02 am Click on the unread topics tab, dark theme is there. Why won't Ben roll it out to rest of the site?
Clicked on that puppy by mistake today on refreshing the forum, thought dark theme had arrived.

Firefox for ios has a Night Mode that works well with KVR

Forgot about this thread, been a year and a half already. :party:
I use the extension below for just about everything that doesn't have a built in dark mode. Available for several browsers, has 14 regular modes and 14 inverted modes.

https://mybrowseraddon.com/dark-mode.html

It'll never be the same look though. I really wish they would bring back the original KVR look. It's what set this forum apart from every other forum.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

I'm not really bothered if it's updated now to be honest.
With that extension I mentioned this is how it looks for me right now. Not perfect but good enough.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yeah, but the original was blue. I still see the blue around here, but it's in the wrong place.

It's not THAT hard to implement some CSS code for people using a browser with dark mode support... you know it's 2020... and eyes won't bleed in low light environments :eek: :x 8)

Code: Select all

@media (prefers-color-scheme: dark) {
	#wrap {
		background-color: #333;
	}
	.panel {
		color: #ddd;
	}
	textarea.inputbox {
		background: #333;
	}
	.bg2 {
	}
	.content {
		color: #333;
	}
	.bg1 {
		background-color: #3f3f3f;
	}
	blockquote {
		background-color: #222114;
		border-color: #5c5c43;
	}
	div.mainforumdiv a,
	div.mainforumdiv a:active,
	div.mainforumdiv a:visited {
		color: orange;
	}
	div.flex.flexwrap.flexcenter {
	}
}

Well, maybe in 2030.

bump, any progress on this?

Ditto that. Please direct me to dark mode implementation.

Return to “Site Stuff”