Unfiltered Audio BYOME

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
antic604
KVRian
1484 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:25 pm

dayjob wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:50 pm
to me the modulation system in byome is integral to the plug and patching and creating. it being a complete "instrument" is where it shines imo. once i got into patching the modulation even just doing simple things like having modulators trigger other modulators and introducing timing events in semi random ways or ways that evoke probability is when it made more sense to me as a whole.

but routing FX in all kinds of ways w/filters and compressors and envelope followers was really a pleasure. i think, for my money, it does way more than the sum of its parts and it has some really fancy parts that sound great. it's trivial to do some really complex things related to the dynamics of the input signal and have that control other parts of a patch.

it comes alive to me and i like that i don't have to discretely automate every thing to make it dance. perhaps it's the kind of music i make or just how i interact w/things but automating everything all the time gets cumbersome to me. i like to create stuff is relative to vibe/tempo etc and let it churn on the input. but even doing beat fuckery w/buffers and delays and the modulation system i found really fun and different. especially when i can stick a combfilter and reverb in it somewhere and have that get chopped up as well.

ymmv of course but byome is a no brainer to me. it's too much fun and sounds too good not to get and i like that all the fx are in one place and i can freely patch them w/o having to go to other plug ins. multiFX plug ins are great imo and there's not that many out there and fewer that do what byome can do.

the modulation is fantastic. i just love it. totally sold on it. obviously. lol.
Which DAW you're using? Because Bitwig sounds like it'd be right up your alley :)
Live 10 // Bitwig 2 // Reason 10 // Studio One 4
Music: https://soundcloud.com/antic604

kiezum
KVRist
480 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Re: Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Post Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:02 pm

Neon Breath wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:31 pm
UA (the lizard) once mentioned this in the 'New things from Unfiltered Audio', page 40:

''The granulator is something that we've wanted to do since starting the company. Curtis Roads showed me a lot of excellent OS 9 granular software that had crazy amounts of power. A lot of these had, ehhh, "academic" interfaces and/or required a lot of work to use and run. He emailed me to let me know that he will happily consult with us while we design and test it. We plan on doing a granular effect this year, and potentially a granular instrument next year. Our goal is to do something similar to what we did with SpecOps: lots of algorithms and techniques distilled down to a modulation and performance friendly interface''
I’ll wait for the dedicated Granular plugin. I’ve got all Unfinished Audio plugins. So I don’t need Byome. And I don’t like that they announce the price after it is release.

dayjob
KVRian
1243 posts since 6 Nov, 2006

Post Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:23 pm

antic604 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:25 pm

Which DAW you're using? Because Bitwig sounds like it'd be right up your alley :)
i thought about it a while back but i can't be bothered to go head long into another DAW just now. i use a few though because i like mixing in logic and i use live because i like editing in it and collaborating with a couple people who also use live. plus i'm neck deep in max for live and been learning Max itself in fits and starts when not interrupted by life and BS. oh also numerology and sometimes when i feel like typing a lot and going vertical i'll muck around in renoise on the couch w/the laptop.

If bitwig goes on stupid sale maybe i'll have a go at the demo.

SteveWZ
KVRian
753 posts since 26 Feb, 2016

Post Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:43 am

I am impressed with the quality of complex reverbs that Byome is capable of creating.

Here is one:

https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets-co ... udio-byome

Delta Sign
KVRian
524 posts since 22 Jun, 2018

Post Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:05 am

Nice one :tu:

Yeah the reverbs are quite capable and flexible, especially when paired width the modulation system.

Delta Sign
KVRian

Post Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:24 pm

This is not really great as a demo, because it's hard to tell what BYOME actually does here, but I just made a bunch of FM sounds in Zebra and mangled them with Audio Damage Quanta and BYOME. Why? I have no idea :hihi:

https://soundcloud.com/deltasign/sound- ... fm-madness

I don't really know what that's supposed to be either :hihi:
I had fun making it, though :hihi:

Russell Grand
KVRAF
1544 posts since 22 May, 2017

Post Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:43 pm

mholloway wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:41 am
I posted a comment on facebook and Plugin Alliance responded to me yesterday 10/11/2018, stating the price and release would be next week.
Not sure why they'd tell me something different than you. I guess we're just gonna have to see if it's next week or two weeks away. :tu:

Scotty
KVRAF
1678 posts since 23 Dec, 2002

Post Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:59 pm

My guess is November so that they don't have to take a hit on the survey vouchers which expire at the end of October. But I have been wrong several time today so take that with a grain of salt.
Russell Grand wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:43 pm
mholloway wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:41 am
I posted a comment on facebook and Plugin Alliance responded to me yesterday 10/11/2018, stating the price and release would be next week.
Not sure why they'd tell me something different than you. I guess we're just gonna have to see if it's next week or two weeks away. :tu:
Asusp9712Core,RayDats,OASYSPCI,Cubase9,KorgLeg,Avalon737s+2022,UA4710D,6176,DCS,LA610MK2s,Neve, ARC2, Soundtoys,UADOCTO,AdamA7X, SphereMics, BCF+R2000s, DrmBrut,MiniLog,Volcas,MoogSubPhat,EnsqDP4,VirusC,Scope,MinBrut,Plugiator,NIS61 Ultimate,ComposrsCld.

SteveWZ
KVRian
753 posts since 26 Feb, 2016

Post Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:17 pm

https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets-co ... ient-mixer

Here is a fairly elaborate preset designed to use on an entire tune.
It is called "The Ambient Mixer" and uses extensive macros for automation of several modules.
Unlike some effects, Byome allows for very smooth changes of parameters without unwanted glitching.
This is an example of that.

tapiodmitriyevich
KVRist
331 posts since 15 Jan, 2017 from 127.0.0.1

Post Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:56 pm

kiezum wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:02 pm
I’ve got all Unfinished Audio plugins.
:)

nathanj
KVRist
160 posts since 23 Mar, 2013

Post Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:00 pm

If the demo is 2 weeks, they will need to offer it for sale within that period or else what?

I’m getting the feeling that a delayed availability is a hinderence to sales - I’ve def. passed the ‘need’ urge.

woggle
KVRAF
2171 posts since 24 Nov, 2012

Post Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:12 pm

nathanj wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:00 pm
If the demo is 2 weeks, they will need to offer it for sale within that period or else what?

I’m getting the feeling that a delayed availability is a hinderence to sales - I’ve def. passed the ‘need’ urge.
me too - which is great :) I like the ease of use for modulation so if the price is right then I will get it. Otherwise I will use Reaktor blocks. My feeling is that it will be too expensive relative to using Reaktor (admittedly a a bit fiddlier)

nathanj
KVRist
160 posts since 23 Mar, 2013

Post Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:15 pm

Exactly.

If the price is right I could easily be persuaded but if it’s not I can now comfortably pass until it is.

aMUSEd
KVRAF
30048 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:49 am

I'm demoing this in Komplete Kontrol - no NKS yet, maybe it needs some bugs ironing out? Macro update speed is very slow, there's a lag between turning one on the keyboard and it turning on the GUI which leads to jerkiness. Also it would be cool if it reported the macro names to the host.

Delta Sign
KVRian

Post Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:39 pm

A crappy piano sample playing a simple melody through BYOME: https://soundcloud.com/deltasign/byome- ... -diffusion

Who recognizes the piano sample? :hihi:

Return to “Effects”