2CAudio Precedence | 1.5 | Move Out Of Flatland. Take Precedence.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BERFAB wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:07 pm I was an Aether and Breeze 1 owner. I rarely used them because of the processing drain on my old setup. I took advantage of the holiday special and updated to Breeze 2.1 and Precedence. I must say that I'm very impressed. Just as a reverb, I find Breeze 2.1 to be one of the cleanest I've ever used. No weird artifacts. And very creative presets with very low CPU drain. This has become my go-to, and I can't wait to see what develops with the Precedence pairing.
I see that many have talked about B2. Can someone explain what, if anything, this brings to the table that Breeze and Aether may be missing?

Cheers
-B
demo it
wait
maybe don't :P

B2 generates some next level ambience.
there are some other effects built into it, and it's possible to achieve some intense atmospheres with B2. All kinds of stuff... granular, delays, distorted walls of sound... psychedelic surround effects...
the complex huge verbs really are all consuming, in time, astonishment, and CPU cycles. but it doesn't need to be.
It can just be a real sweet 'normal' type reverb too, which doesn't chew too much juice.
careful preset surfing this one though :P

bmanic wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:39 pm

Also, looks like I could get a further 20$ off with some referral coupon? Anybody got one of those?
You'd have to mail me (or anyone else with an account) the name and e-mail adress you wish to use for the purchase. These I'd then need to fill into a form. After that you would get 20$ off (and I a voucher for the same amount)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

sqigls wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:32 pm All kinds of stuff... granular, delays, distorted walls of sound... psychedelic surround effects...
Lush warm chorus stuff, super flexible console-emulation type of track-warmer, versatile dynamic processor, yadda yadda yadda.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

bmanic wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:39 pm Just found this plugin.. damn, must say I'm pretty impressed. These kinds of effects always end up sounding annoying and "wrong" but for some reason Precedence remains quite natural. It can also get quite "phasey" sounding at extreme settings or when there's a lot of high frequency content but this would be true for any skewed stereo mic setup as well.

Anyhow, I'm really intrigued. Any idea how long the sales price is going? Even at the sales price this is pretty expensive considering what it does (albeit it does it very well).
Pricing was set to revert to normal this morning but I’ll renable the promo pricing later today (when back in the office) and keep it active until Saturday since our last email went out last Thursday-Friday and I stated that there was one week left there.

Saturday will be the hard deadline.

Pricing is moving to $149.95 as soon as the next update is complete. There are additional features that justify this price as you will see.

Thanks for the compliments!

Bought this recently but struggling to understand the linakage to Breeze and half of the controls. Could really do with a manual.

Keith99 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:36 pm Bought this recently but struggling to understand the linakage to Breeze and half of the controls. Could really do with a manual.
The P-Link implementation in 1.0.0 was only temporary to demonstrate the concept, while we worked on establishing a more robust and automatic solution. We do have this robust and automatic solution working now already in internal builds and have been stress testing it the past month, as mentioned here in the "Precedence Developments" section:

https://2caudio.com/promo/2018holiday/

In the current version you simply need to:

1) Enable the "P-Link" button in Breeze. (looks like a chain "link", below Pre-Delay)
2) Manually type in the same value for Breeze Mix and Precedence Distance

if you want to change position, the Breeze Mix value should change also. Obviously this manual entry and matching of parameters is sub-optimal in terms of usability, rather tedious, and not very fun. We had in mind since the very beginning to make the link automatic. We just needed a little extra time to make it happen (as mentioned in the original release notes/web/email).

In the next version (free update) you simply need to turn on the link, and then it stays linked and if you change Position in Precedence, this will automatically change things in Breeze as well -- you do not even need to open the Breeze GUI. You will see shortly. It is MUCH more user-friendly and was the original goal. We have been able to achieve it.

Once we were able to achieve that, it opened the doors to other enhancements we only dreamed of previously... So we have been busy implementing these things too. I will not describe them quite yet, but I am quite sure you will agree they are very very cool.

Due to the above, the manual will be completed with the next update as there are lots of changes.

Meanwhile, ask about specific controls if there are still unclear and I am happy to describe them. :tu:

Will the new "link" between Precedence and Breeze work with breeze on send?
For example - can multiple Precedence instances (1 per track) link up to the same Breeze instance (on a buss)?
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

jbraner wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:47 am Will the new "link" between Precedence and Breeze work with breeze on send?
Sure, the linked instances of Precedence and Breeze can be anywhere in the mixer... but...
jbraner wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:47 am For example - can multiple Precedence instances (1 per track) link up to the same Breeze instance (on a buss)?
... No. There must be a 1:1 linking of Precedence to Breeze instances. Multiple P instances can not be linked a single B instance.

However, you do not need to use the linked mode if you prefer not to. You could use multiple instances of P on inserts and a single B on a buss, and simply not link them and then just go about using the verb on the send as has been done for decades now. It's not as completely optimal as using the 1:1 pairing as we suggest, but hey it worked for Michael Jackson, Led Zeppelin etc, so i'm sure great results can still be achieved this way too.

There are other enhancements to workflow topics, but these are best discussed once you guys have it in your hands...

bmanic wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:39 pm It can also get quite "phasey" sounding at extreme settings or when there's a lot of high frequency content but this would be true for any skewed stereo mic setup as well.
...actually a random note on this: there was/is a bug or two in the dsp that manifests at some extreme settings making them more "phasey" than they should be. (does not crash etc, just gives sub-optimal sound in some rare cases). This was fixed 45-60 days ago in our test builds. I no longer remember the exact conditions that reproduced it, as we already fixed it a while ago... It was in some pretty rare, edge-case scenarios...

There are other enhancements to workflow topics, but these are best discussed once you guys have it in your hands...
Sounds good - I just thought I'd ask. ;)

When the link is working automatically, and since Breeze won't use CPU when it's not in use - then it might be pretty convenient to just slap Precedence/Breeze on every channel ;)
John Braner

jbraner wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:10 am When the link is working automatically, and since Breeze won't use CPU when it's not in use - then it might be pretty convenient to just slap Precedence/Breeze on every channel ;)
that's the general idea! :tu:

and a B2 or Aether or two on Sends for extra magic. :D :party:

The only downside is - if all the tracks are using the same settings for Breeze (ie all using the same room settings), then it becomes a nuisance to make a change, as you have to update all the Breeze instances. (that's why it's easier to use a buss for this kind of "everyone in the same room" reverb)
John Braner

Excellent point at the right moment perhaps, as with the inter-plugin communication they are establishing right now the could perhaps even add this.

(Adding a "Group"-feature where individual instances can be part of a group and you when you tweak that instance the changes affect all instances within that group.)

(What's even more: since B2 shares several parameters with Breeze, for V2 of B2 these parameters could perhaps even become part of that group too - so that Breeze and B2 can share a group and if you tweak one instance of Breeze in a group the common parameters affect all the B2 instances in that group too and vice versa)

In fact this makes so much sense as they can create /establish more and more of a real infrastructure where all the individual plugins within Perfect Storm can become increasingly interrelated so that this creates further incentive for the customer to get them all. Win-Win-Win.

jbraner wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:46 pm The only downside is - if all the tracks are using the same settings for Breeze (ie all using the same room settings), then it becomes a nuisance to make a change, as you have to update all the Breeze instances. (that's why it's easier to use a buss for this kind of "everyone in the same room" reverb)
oh ye of little faith.... :D

Return to “Effects”