2CAudio Precedence

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
sqigls
KVRAF
3481 posts since 25 Dec, 2004 from Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:32 am

BERFAB wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:07 am
I was an Aether and Breeze 1 owner. I rarely used them because of the processing drain on my old setup. I took advantage of the holiday special and updated to Breeze 2.1 and Precedence. I must say that I'm very impressed. Just as a reverb, I find Breeze 2.1 to be one of the cleanest I've ever used. No weird artifacts. And very creative presets with very low CPU drain. This has become my go-to, and I can't wait to see what develops with the Precedence pairing.
I see that many have talked about B2. Can someone explain what, if anything, this brings to the table that Breeze and Aether may be missing?

Cheers
-B
demo it
wait
maybe don't :P

B2 generates some next level ambience.
there are some other effects built into it, and it's possible to achieve some intense atmospheres with B2. All kinds of stuff... granular, delays, distorted walls of sound... psychedelic surround effects...
the complex huge verbs really are all consuming, in time, astonishment, and CPU cycles. but it doesn't need to be.
It can just be a real sweet 'normal' type reverb too, which doesn't chew too much juice.
careful preset surfing this one though :P

jens
KVRAF
19021 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Re: 2CAudio Precedence

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:47 am

bmanic wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:39 am

Also, looks like I could get a further 20$ off with some referral coupon? Anybody got one of those?
You'd have to mail me (or anyone else with an account) the name and e-mail adress you wish to use for the purchase. These I'd then need to fill into a form. After that you would get 20$ off (and I a voucher for the same amount)
" It is a measurable fact. Not my opinion. And not even subtle. If you can't hear difference in tail between Valhalla and VSR reverb tail then again change your job dude." kmonkey

jens
KVRAF
19021 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:31 pm

sqigls wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:32 am
All kinds of stuff... granular, delays, distorted walls of sound... psychedelic surround effects...
Lush warm chorus stuff, super flexible console-emulation type of track-warmer, versatile dynamic processor, yadda yadda yadda.
" It is a measurable fact. Not my opinion. And not even subtle. If you can't hear difference in tail between Valhalla and VSR reverb tail then again change your job dude." kmonkey

Andrew Souter
KVRAF
2441 posts since 12 Sep, 2008

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:44 pm

bmanic wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:39 am
Just found this plugin.. damn, must say I'm pretty impressed. These kinds of effects always end up sounding annoying and "wrong" but for some reason Precedence remains quite natural. It can also get quite "phasey" sounding at extreme settings or when there's a lot of high frequency content but this would be true for any skewed stereo mic setup as well.

Anyhow, I'm really intrigued. Any idea how long the sales price is going? Even at the sales price this is pretty expensive considering what it does (albeit it does it very well).
Pricing was set to revert to normal this morning but I’ll renable the promo pricing later today (when back in the office) and keep it active until Saturday since our last email went out last Thursday-Friday and I stated that there was one week left there.

Saturday will be the hard deadline.

Pricing is moving to $149.95 as soon as the next update is complete. There are additional features that justify this price as you will see.

Thanks for the compliments!

Keith99
KVRian
1243 posts since 15 Mar, 2007 from Yorkshire, England

Post Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:36 am

Bought this recently but struggling to understand the linakage to Breeze and half of the controls. Could really do with a manual.

Return to “Effects”