vincent

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

delete
Last edited by dug on Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Feedback

Music
Instruments - 7
Performance - 0
Mix - 5

Overall - 4

Comments: Song sounds like the notes were entered into a piano roll. As a pianist, it's almost insulting. There is no emotion, dynamics, human movement or anything. The piano sound itself is okay I guess. Is that a general MIDI piano that came with some stock plugin? Anyway, since the music isn't original, I won't comment on that. But I never thought Vincent, one of my favorite songs from 1972, could sound so God damned awful. It's shameful.

Pretty bleak.

Yeah, totally quantized durational values, and no attention to even the lengths, = totally unmusical, dead result.

BTW I "enter notes into piano roll" editor all the time; that is NOT the problem, the problem is zero thought and relying on the program to determine the rhythm in the crudest fashion.

jancivil wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:21 pm Pretty bleak.

Yeah, totally quantized durational values, and no attention to even the lengths, = totally unmusical, dead result.

BTW I "enter notes into piano roll" editor all the time; that is NOT the problem, the problem is zero thought and relying on the program to determine the rhythm in the crudest fashion.
Actually, my gut tells me he downloaded a MIDI file and just plugged it into a DAW.

You know, I wrote a song called "The Music Box" a long time ago that I wanted to sound like a music box. And it does. The whole thing was done in Finale and exported as is to audio. Even IT sounds better than this. Actually, I think it's a pretty cool tune. Maybe I'll post it in my Wagtunes corner.

But this piece was depressing.

My goodness, that's bad ...

wagtunes wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:45 pm
jancivil wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:21 pm Pretty bleak.

Actually, my gut tells me he downloaded a MIDI file and just plugged it into a DAW.
a distinct possibility

btw, I never do this, but this was too much.

its missing the 4 on the floor 909 kick
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:54 pm its missing the 4 on the floor 909 kick
LMAO. Layzer, you kill me.

layzer wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:54 pm its missing the 4 on the floor 909 kick
More cowbell needed ...

Starry, starry night. I like it. The strict left hand notes actually have a bounce to them. :tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Music Cafe”