Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ok, zero width delete working with clips too not just with notes
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:07 pm Image
That's awesome. :hug:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

and it solves the how multiple audio events can be chopped problem too

xbitz wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:07 pm Image
I'm confused (as always), isn't zero width delete just 'split' (ctrl-e or on the right click menu)?
"Hell is other People" J.P.Sartre

^^^ should check the keybinding: delete which has been assigned to the ... 'delete' button

xbitz wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:31 am ^^^ should check the keybinding: delete which has been assigned to the ... 'delete' button
Wot?

^^^ http://davelinnenbank.com/media/pdfs/Li ... 20v2.0.pdf

page 14, into the "Choose mappings" field: delete

xbitz wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:37 am ^^^ http://davelinnenbank.com/media/pdfs/Li ... 20v2.0.pdf

page 14, into the "Choose mappings" field: delete
Dude, I've no idea what you're trying to tell me. I merely suggested that deleting with zero length was functionally identical to the 'split' command.

sry mea culpa :) , not identical, split not working on multiple clips/notes

Yes it does. Unless I'm missing something. In fact, I can't get it to split single notes.

I’m in Bitwig for a while now. Some things I love about it, some things are less great. I really miss Ableton’s Looper. The way Ableton deals with MIDI channels is easier. I wish both of them had a better way to deal with poly chaining. I find the way Bitwig deals with track selection for editing to be clumsy. I miss Live’s groove system. I love how Bitwig’s side chaining and mod system works.

But it’s the best if you use MPE controllers, that’s for sure. That’s why I switched. Mostly I’ve found a way to do everything I need in Bitwig. Really, it amounts to learning it (I still am) and specific functions that are personal to each user. I hate Bitwig’s upgrade structure.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

xbitz wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:13 am and it solves the how multiple audio events can be chopped problem too
That's not very intuitive, but good to know :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

btw, if slicing is the topic I would request a diagonal note slicer too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvV1FLrjmck
cheating or not it's handy

zerocrossing wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:21 pmI wish both of them had a better way to deal with poly chaining.
What do you mean by poly chaining?

voidhead23 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:53 am Actually, the best reason to use Bitwig instead of Ableton is this recent switch...i don't want my DAW to be politically correct, thanks. :wink:

Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 5.51.03 PM.png
It really cracks me that in these social media times Ableton makes "Follower" an equivalent to "Slave". I'd rather think that this is something out of a wicked sense of humor, instead of the stupid, politically correct, knee jerk, Orwellian language imposition that it seems. :roll:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”