New FREE reverb: Dragonfly Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://github.com/michaelwillis/dragonfly-reverb

Based on Freeverb 3 (Hibiki), which is nothing like the "Freeverb" you remember from nearly 2 decades ago.

It's free as in beer, and free as in speech. Easily one of the best sounding free reverbs out.

(Disclaimer: I am not the author. I just think it's a neato product)
Last edited by Robert Randolph on Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For a free reverb it sounds really nice. It would sound as nice even if it wasn't free, but for people on a tight budget looking to build up their arsenal of reverbs, this is a great addition.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Which of the Freeverb3 reverbs is it based on? I always liked the NVerb the most...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:15 pm Which of the Freeverb3 reverbs is it based on? I always liked the NVerb the most...
I think you misunderstand. It's not based on another Freeverb3 product, but instead based on Freeverb3 itself with its own GUI.

AFAIK, this is the most configurable gui-based crossplatform FV3 plugin.

EDIT: Above is totally incorrect. DragonFly is based on Hibiki.
Last edited by Robert Randolph on Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No, I think you misunderstood - Freeverb3 is actually a suite of around ten plugins with several of them being (very different) reverb plugins.

I guess you mean it's based on Freeverb3-Freeverb then (which iIrc correctly is Imo the worst sounding one of all the included reverbs)...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

This has a nice amount of control. I'm looking forward to trying it.

jens wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:27 pm No, I think you misunderstood - Freeverb3 is actually a suite of around ten plugins with several of them being (very different) reverb plugins.

I guess you mean it's based on Freeverb3-Freeverb then (which iIrc correctly is Imo the worst sounding one of all the included reverbs)...
Nah, I'm wrong. It's Hibiki.

:tu:

*phew* that was tight! :hihi: Gotta try it then...
Last edited by jens on Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm struggling to find a download link.
Where is it? (edit) found it in the Read Me txt. :ud:
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Very cool, thanks!

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:37 pm I'm struggling to find a download link. Where is it?
It's right under "Download" on the link of the very first line in the OP: https://github.com/michaelwillis/dragonfly-reverb

Robert Randolph wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:46 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:37 pm I'm struggling to find a download link. Where is it?
It's right under "Download" on the link of the very first line in the OP: https://github.com/michaelwillis/dragonfly-reverb
Thanks. Had to click the Read Me txt to display the link (on my mobile).

Linux versions on the horizon?
EDIT: I saw on its github that there already is a Linux version. :tu:

Thanks for the heads up :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

A good reverb with ncie GUI based on one of the reverbs of Freeverb3? I'll use this!

Return to “Effects”