I Want to Know (with video) feedback welcome ....

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kind of like this song. But the intro is too short and there are two bars too much between the verse and the refrain. In other words: the transitions are not going so smootly IMHO.

excuse me please wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:57 pm Kind of like this song. But the intro is too short and there are two bars too much between the verse and the refrain. In other words: the transitions are not going so smootly IMHO.
thanks.... mmm, well spotted with gap between verse and chorus. That was a challenge for me since the verse is D minor, and the chorus D Major. A fast transition didn't quite work.... I had to let the listener "forget" the minor for a short while before changing up to major. Same when the chorus ends - I had to wind it down to minor again.
If anyone has any tips for me on how I could have done that better, let me know.

My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 8.5
Mix - 9.5

Overall - 8.75

Comments: I didn't mind the transitions so much. Could they have been smoother? Eh, maybe but for me this just wasn't a big deal. Nice song. Who's the singer? She has a very unusual voice.

wagtunes wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:16 pm Comments: I didn't mind the transitions so much. Could they have been smoother? Eh, maybe but for me this just wasn't a big deal. Nice song. Who's the singer? She has a very unusual voice.
The singer is Eleanor Forte ( Synth V)

Bansaw wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:07 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:16 pm Comments: I didn't mind the transitions so much. Could they have been smoother? Eh, maybe but for me this just wasn't a big deal. Nice song. Who's the singer? She has a very unusual voice.
The singer is Eleanor Forte ( Synth V)
Ah, so she's like Vocaloid. I kind of suspected that but wasn't sure. She's actually not bad for a synthetic voice. Unfortunately Synth V doesn't have a VST version so I can't be bothered using it.

Curious, I just checked out one of the demos. It's FAR more naturalistic than Vocaloid. I'm impressed, actually.
Apparently the paradigm is piano roll, so it wouldn't be impossible to make it work with other things in a DAW although I'd need it to.

It's Windows or Linux only so I'm not in.

jancivil wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:49 pm Curious, I just checked out one of the demos. It's FAR more naturalistic than Vocaloid. I'm impressed, actually.
Apparently the paradigm is piano roll, so it wouldn't be impossible to make it work with other things in a DAW although I'd need it to.
It's Windows or Linux only so I'm not in.
What I am waiting for is Emvoice. Thats much more natural sounding.
Actually the Beta for Emvoice is out for MAC I think, the windows version is coming soon.
Thats a VST. Its free in Beta but will be a paid plugin.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIQ5FF ... f9Q/videos

viewtopic.php?t=509131

very interesting. I may be able to make this work.
I feel guilty getting people to work for free, I would have high requirements. I have done it a few times but...
I would really benefit from a vocal instrument.
thanks for the heads-up

jancivil wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:09 am viewtopic.php?t=509131

very interesting. I may be able to make this work.
I feel guilty getting people to work for free, I would have high requirements. I have done it a few times but...
I would really benefit from a vocal instrument.
thanks for the heads-up
They are going to charge for this when its out of Beta. Some note processing is done on their server so the plugin needs to be online. They say its to take the burden of your CPU(!) but its a copy protection thing I think. Once the Beta is off, then I think they'll disable it and force the charge. And thats fine, they've put work into it.

Yeah, I'm going to check it out but I'm not going to buy something which is cloud-based for use. The developer says in that thread he's going to stay with the cloud and stated his reasoning. I'm thinking this may suit the thing I'm doing my sound design for at the moment so why not see.

It's supposed to take a longass time to hear your edits/work in it, but fine.

Bansaw wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:54 pm
excuse me please wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:57 pm Kind of like this song. But the intro is too short and there are two bars too much between the verse and the refrain. In other words: the transitions are not going so smootly IMHO.
thanks.... mmm, well spotted with gap between verse and chorus. That was a challenge for me since the verse is D minor, and the chorus D Major. A fast transition didn't quite work.... I had to let the listener "forget" the minor for a short while before changing up to major. Same when the chorus ends - I had to wind it down to minor again.
If anyone has any tips for me on how I could have done that better, let me know.
Have to work, but later on I will take another look at it.

The drums are nice. Robo voice, well something to get used to. Overall good work..
Greetings
NR

It's got a good groove, nice tones, cool fills, and is mixed well. Good song overall! The vocals could use a little more reverb or delay imo to sit better.

Return to “Music Cafe”