Xhun Audio LittleOne

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AdvancedFollower wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:46 am I tried the demo, but I can't get past the terrible interface. I get that it's trying to emulate the LP, but could they not have put in an option to show all parameters at once? Adjusting the ADSR or filter is just painful. It's actually slower than on the real hardware, at least on the hardware the buttons are tactile.
Exactly. On the hardware you can hold one hand on the knob and hit the buttons with the other hand. Not that much slower than multiple knobs, though missing the chance to for example adjust cutoff and resonance simultaneously. Cost saving sacrifice obviously. For software this makes no sense and you have to click a button then turn the knob. It's essentially creating a tab for a every knob.

Why "bass noise"?

I think one reason why typical EDM synths (Hive, Serum, Spire etc.) seem to have less bass is that they are stereo. Stereo reduces the bass for some reason.
Assuming the hardware Moog is mono, is LittleOne also mono?

acYm wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:56 am $20.50 in cart at audiodeluxe... no reason not to pick this up, really cool vst, glad to finally be out of the demo.
https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/au ... -littleone

:tu:
바보

Hi,

Sorry for the self-promotion :)

...just to remind that the Cyber Week offer is running and LittleOne is currently available with a -33% Off

Cheers !
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

fluffy_little_something wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:16 pm Why "bass noise"?

I think one reason why typical EDM synths (Hive, Serum, Spire etc.) seem to have less bass is that they are stereo. Stereo reduces the bass for some reason.
Sounds like poor preset design in that case. The bass should always be mono, as a wide bass will just cause interference/cancellation between the channels, and the perceived loudness will vary wildly depending on your position relative to the speakers. If you want a wide bass, high-pass it at 100+ Hz and layer with a sub-bass in mono.

These emulations of basic synths, without reverbs, chorus, stereo panning or other fancy effects are great for big, deep, rumbling basses as the signals coming from the left and right speakers are identical and don't interfere with each other.

As well as the original hardware, LittleOne has a single (mono) output.

The synth output signal is then passed into the built-in rack of (mono) insert effects, then into a stack of 2 chan (stereo) master effects.

Then the outputs are sent to the main outputs - as 2-chan-stereo if master effects are active, or as 2-chan-mono if master effects are disabled/bypassed.
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

Yeah...i've been using Ableton's Utility lately to turn bass frequencies of my synths to mono, and after reading this thread, decided to just make most of my sounds in a track i've been working on mono, even some of the panned pad sounds. Wow. Sounds way clearer to me...like a 90's rock record.

It's kind of annoying that some of the best software synths still insist on stereo bass sounds.

voidhead23 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:25 am

Yeah...i've been using Ableton's Utility lately to turn bass frequencies of my synths to mono, and after reading this thread, decided to just make most of my sounds in a track i've been working on mono, even some of the panned pad sounds. Wow. Sounds way clearer to me...like a 90's rock record.

It's kind of annoying that some of the best software synths still insist on stereo bass sounds.
That was a great feature in Ableton; previously I had built a multiband rack just for that purpose. Utility is much quicker :)

I think all synths that have built in effects at least should have a simple mono bass with a crossover freq setting - would really help the presets.

I tend to create simple bass sounds when I'm doing electronic music and use mono-synths like Monark, or Ableton Operator (with 0% spread). If I need anything else on the bass I'll often layer it. But there are some great, wide presets in a lot of wavetable synths especially, and a bass/mono effect is a must.

Back to the OT - this seems like a decent synth but I also wondered about that interface choice.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:49 pm
AdvancedFollower wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:46 am I tried the demo, but I can't get past the terrible interface. I get that it's trying to emulate the LP, but could they not have put in an option to show all parameters at once? Adjusting the ADSR or filter is just painful. It's actually slower than on the real hardware, at least on the hardware the buttons are tactile.
Exactly. On the hardware you can hold one hand on the knob and hit the buttons with the other hand. Not that much slower than multiple knobs, though missing the chance to for example adjust cutoff and resonance simultaneously. Cost saving sacrifice obviously. For software this makes no sense and you have to click a button then turn the knob. It's essentially creating a tab for a every knob.
hmm. that's gotta be annoying indeed. I feel for you guys... meanwhile, here I am, pressing all the buttons on this great synth with glee, even though I don't really need to...
IMG_20181121_2113321.jpg
..just because I can, for the sheer fun factor. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

acYm wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:26 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:49 pm
hmm. that's gotta be annoying indeed. I feel for you guys... meanwhile, here I am, pressing all the buttons on this great synth with glee, even though I don't really need to...

IMG_20181121_2113321.jpg

..just because I can, for the sheer fun factor. :D
That's a nice workaround, but you shouldn't have to use hardware controllers in order to work around a poorly designed UI...

A more convenient UI that would still match the layout would be if the adsr "buttons" were actually draggable knobs (could illustrate value with light intensity) and the large knob acted as some kind of master "envelope time scale".

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Is this Big Sur ready yet?
I bought it already.

Return to “Instruments”