Get Windows 10 Pro for $14 Sale

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fmr wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:17 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:12 pm Why would those linked above be legit? (Amazon)
If they weren't then Amazon would be liable, right? It's not like Amazon is some shady "dot com" business

Besides, I bought one Windows 10 Pro code for my brother, and so far so good.
The seller is not Amazon, but Easy for Soft (the name sounds shady enough to get you suspicious). Also, it doesn't make it legal because it works.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

It's unfortunate that they allow so many shady sellers on the market place. Ultimately, it will give Amazon a bad name.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... -crackdown

Resold keys and OEM software rules changes between countries, so you need to consult your local law. Germany is the most liberal here that I'm aware of, where there has already been court cases which Microsoft lost regarding the permitted reselling of the software.

So, if you're in a country that doesn't allow it, you run the risk of MS killing it for whatever reason they feel like in an update.

Unless you're in Germany, then you just wait for the class action suite fun.
Last edited by Kaine on Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

chk071 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:46 pm It's unfortunate that they allow so many shady sellers on the market place. Ultimately, it will give Amazon a bad name.
Amazon themselves have actually sold counteirfeit products, instead of the originals. It's not a trustable company at all.

Kaine wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:06 am <span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... down</span>

Resold keys and OEM software rules changes between countries, so you need to consult your local law. Germany is the most liberal here that I'm aware of, where there has already been court cases which Microsoft lost regarding the permitted reselling of the software.

So, if you're in a country that doesn't allow it, you run the risk of MS killing it for whatever reason they feel like in an update.

Unless you're in Germany, then you just wait for the class action suite fun.
Yup. We're so liberal that we give companies such a hard time that noone will probably even wans to run a business from here in future times. :) Which, of course, will lead to less tax stream in the long run, but, hey, much better to make politics, give the people and customers what they "want". Companies consist of bosses and CEO's only anyway, not of thousands of employees getting paid as well.

chk071 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:46 pm It's unfortunate that they allow so many shady sellers on the market place. Ultimately, it will give Amazon a bad name.
Amazon has the worst imaginable name already, they don‘t care as long there is a profit...
I avoid Amazon in general as best I can...

Whoever wants to make profit has to care. But, i don't want to get into a HPC topic now. The topic was Windows 10 Pro key for $14. Not legit. Period. ;)

See if this helps any of you. The free upgrade to Windows 10 still seems to work, according to this article. I didn't try it yet...I'm still on 8.1:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how ... 0-upgrade/

I went through with it to see what happens, and it does work.
So much for the free update not working after a certain date.

If these are legit, then damn. I don't really see much of a downside to the fact that you have to download the ISOs isn't a big downside(unless you have bad internet, in which case, relatable.).
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

You can actually also download Win10 from the official Microsoft site and use it basically for free. The only difference to the paid version is a little nag screen that reminds you of registering the software, kinda like the Reaper demo.
I'm not saying it's the right thing to do, and I personally wouldn't do it, but Microsoft must be aware of this and they still let it happen, so I don't think they mind too much. They are probably more interested in getting Win10 on as many PCs out there as possible, even if people use it for free.

However, I still think it's better to do that than to trust and pay shady re-sellers.

It's interesting that the free update from 8.1 still works. I'm currently trying to save up for a new PC and planned to buy Win10 with it, but maybe I can just update my Win8 license. Thanks for the reminder!

If you use a unregistered Windows 10 version, you will lose features eventually. It's not like in Reaper.

Apart from it being against the EULA in Reaper as well, when you go on using it after the initial 2 months.

I wouldn't buy Windows 10 for

$0.000000000000000000

Windows 10. An advertising billboard and spy machine. As a total after thought Windows 10 pretends to be operating system.

Why Ok then. Glad we talked about it. :) Shall we go on with the topic now?

trampofnine wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:18 am I wouldn't buy Windows 10 for

$0.000000000000000000

Windows 10. An advertising billboard and spy machine. As a total after thought Windows 10 pretends to be operating system.
Valuable information, thank you for letting us know.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”