Windows 10 updates - can major stuff like Creators updates be excluded?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi
Thinking I might get a new computer next hear - but Windows 10 really bother me.
I liked the way it was strictly major versions - not to get too much need for updates of various software and drivers etc.

Thinking these major updates - like Creators Update - or what it's called - correspond to what used to be major version updates, kind of. Windows 7, windows 8 and such.

Is there setting for this regarding updates - what to include?
There are now for windows 7 to have strong suggestions for important updates - and you can include or not the general updates for various parts.

So are there options to Exclude/Include these larger updates?

Or are there divided options like:
a) important security updates
b) important bugfixes
c) improvements
d) major windows upgrades

or similar.

Or if all updates after a major upgrade - like Creators update - that all other updates rely on that you made this Creators thingy???

I mean all software vendors kind of warn you to do certain major updates like this - before they verified that their software really works. Steinberg for one.

Thanks.

Firms, corporations & certain users indeed prefer to have their Windows 10 to be stable enough & doesn't nag about new updates, hence the reason of existing versions like Windows 10 Enterprise or Professional. Where you can tweak some parameters to postpone critical updates till Microsoft ensures that everything will 100% work fine and then you may install the update without having everything effected in a bad way.

Search for: Long Term Servicing Branch (LTSB)

Thank you, good input. :)
Just had time to browse quickly, but configuration manager and possibly LTSB will get a good readout later.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/c ... o-the-ltsb

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”