Delays

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I see myself coming back to the same two delays everytime. Number one is clearly the PSP Echo. Just a very versatile and easy to use delay. Number two is the D16 Repeater for the more "lofi" delay sounds.

Still Replika XT for everything. For me it´s just the best thing out there for delay.
Otherwise i only use the Logic intern stuff like Delay Designer which is amazing too.
So i do not think i will ever buy another delay. I just would not need it.

Hm, no one mentioned Relayer. No likes it or...?

Primal Tap - it oozes character, is easy to use for all the typical delay applications (including really nice chorus sounds) and also can get super wild. This is easily one of the best delay plugins around.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:17 pm Primal Tap - it oozes character, is easy to use for all the typical delay applications (including really nice chorus sounds) and also can get super wild. This is easily one of the best delay plugins around.
I’ve got to revisit it. I’ve been unsuccessfully getting something I like so far.

When you try it then keep in mind to push the "TWEAK"-button for further options.

I also recommend to have a look at the manual.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Bionic SupaDelay, when I need inspiration and for some really crazy sound outputs
NastyDLA by VOS and/or Classic Delay by Kjaerhus, when I want subtle modulations

Besides the above two, I also use Fruity Delay 2 and 3 frequently on my projects.

woggle wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:46 am I am looking at Blue Cat's Late Replies - the most powerful/flexible delay I have come across - multiple taps that can each host vsts and onboard fx, plus two feedback chains taht can also host vst's and onboard fx

But it is not a tape delay or modeled on any sort of vintage sound - but you could host a different tape style or saturation vst effect on each tap if you wanted
Thanks for mentioning our plug-in. It is definitely not an emulation of specific tape delays, but you can build your own emulations with the built-in plug-ins (or use third party plug-ins). It has a couple of presets with vintage delay sounds.

Here is an example of tape-ish modulated delay/reverb effects on a simple piano sound:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un5F9Drz-AM

BTW Late Replies has just been updated so it is on sale right now :).

U-HE Satin also needs mentioning...

Replika and Late Replies are the most awesome ones to me. Had a bunch before but with these I fell everything is coverd.

Soundtoys Echo Boy (Jr) is my current go to delay - enough flavour options, without too many other features and distractions getting in the way.

I have plenty of others, but I typically get less milage out of them as the feature set expands.

Love D16 Group's Sigmund. I can get just the sort of sound that I want out of it. It's not a "nice" delay but a delay for getting those 101s, 303s and 808s really rocking. The Aloof's "Cover The Crime" album has the sort of sound that I like and that the Sigmund does so well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZyY6aOZR50

I would really recommend playing with all the parameters and using loads of automation for the filters etc. Experiment with everything - create a copy of one delay line then set the feedback on one delay to a positive value and the other to a negative value, then change the delay time of one of the delays and just experiment....have fun :party:

I must have at least 30 paid for dedicated delay plugins and I always come back to Sigmund. It's just so much fun and inspiring to use.

I also love D16 Group's Tekturon which I bought when it was released but only recently got into using it. After reading up on it and experimenting, I found that it was incredibly flexible and, because of D16 Group's fantastic automation system, really comes to life when you automate stuff like delay taps' filter cutoffs and levels. Plus the Master Filter is also great to automate. Again, not really a "nice" sounding delay....but that's not what I really want!
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

Space Echo & Replika.

Sandman Pro for the crazies, Bloom for everything else. It's a real shame Bloom has been discontinued. You could get so many variations on the blown-out runaway feedback sound from it.

Return to “Effects”