Which fonts does Diva use?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey. Does anyone know which Windows fonts Diva uses?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm trying out Diva via Wine on Linux (yes I know there's a native Linux version of Diva, but my DAW isn't Linux native so I have to use Wine & Windows version) and some of the fonts from the interface are missing. I've installed mscorefonts into the prefix but there's still fonts missing from Diva. I even tried Taking my distros main TrueType font and placing the different versions of it (bold, italic etc) into the Wine prefix's font folder and renaming them to the coresponding segoeui.ttf names, but that still didn't do it. I just need to know which fonts Diva uses so that I can put replacements there for it to use.

Thanks!
Last edited by yehno on Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

There's Vera and Squarish Sans CT Regular (and Regular SC).

They are all installed along with Diva, in Diva.data\Data\Fonts folder. Not sure how it is on Linux, tho. Maybe get the installer for Windows or macOS, extract files from it and pick those fonts up?

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:48 pm There's Vera and Squarish Sans CT Regular (and Regular SC).

They are all installed along with Diva, in Diva.data\Data\Fonts folder. Not sure how it is on Linux, tho. Maybe get the installer for Windows or macOS, extract files from it and pick those fonts up?
Ah, I didn't even notice those there :P Well, they are installed into the Diva data folder like you mentioned so I tried putting them into the Windows fonts folder, but it still didn't seem to work. It might be that I do need some other Windows fonts installed, but maybe Diva tries looking for its fonts in its own folder, so this may just be an installation bug in Wine. I might just have to learn to use the interface with some fonts missing if so :/

Thanks for the help though!
Last edited by yehno on Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah, u-he plugins are self-contained, no registry/plist tampering, everything they need is in .data folder. So it could indeed be a Wine issue.

By the way, why are you not checking out the official Linux builds?

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=424953

I see. Well I suppose that's probably the case then. I'll have to try reinstalling it a few times to see if I can get it to work, or maybe even try a different Wine version instead.

I am aware of the native Linux builds and I'd love to use them! It's just that my DAW of choice is Windows/Mac only so I have to use it via Wine. I'm pretty sure this makes running the native Linux version of Diva pointless as I'd have to somehow bridge it into the Wine install which is running a Windows native DAW which doesn't understand Linux plugin formats. I figured it'd work better if just I ran the Windows version.. Not 100% on that though..

There's a good chance that the Win version uses Lucida Sans Unicode, which is a Windows system font. There have always been problems with Wine and our stuff because of it. People had to install Vera under some cryptic font name instead, to pretend that Lucida was installed on the Linux machine.

Man, you're inflicting so much pain onto yourself... If your DAW is not available on Linux, then just use it in its natural habitat? Wine definitely affects the audio latency etc.

Urs wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:23 pm There's a good chance that the Win version uses Lucida Sans Unicode, which is a Windows system font. There have always been problems with Wine and our stuff because of it. People had to install Vera under some cryptic font name instead, to pretend that Lucida was installed on the Linux machine.
Ok. Thanks for the info. I'll see what I can do :)
EvilDragon wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:23 pm Man, you're inflicting so much pain onto yourself... If your DAW is not available on Linux, then just use it in its natural habitat? Wine definitely affects the audio latency etc.
Not at all. Using Windows or Mac spyware is the real pain! My daw runs great in Wine at the moment. Using wineasio, my latency is currently the same as it was on Windows and can even be lower depending on which kernel I use :tu:

Return to “u-he”