Kazrog True Iron

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
True Iron

stop please

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:43 pm
Aloysius wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:40 pm How To Pronounce wytse

http://www.howtopronounce.com/dutch/wytse/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQhN6Nym89Y
Aaaaaaah, you're right. I saw that video come up in my recommended videos, I wasn't going to watch it because I don't use Pro Tools... but now I'm watching it... he's got some good points. :scared:

:tu:

Now I want pizza ! 🍕 :tu: :party:

:hihi:

plexuss wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:14 pm Now I want pizza ! 🍕 :tu: :party:
I had pizza last night.

God that guy is annoying. Yeah, ragging on PT is a favorite past time, but he's just too much.

Oh no, he played the "r" card from the bottom of the deck.

insufferable tool
however his name's pronounced.

sqigls wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:59 am insufferable tool
That f**ker's videos are so damn annoying.

marcusmack wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:36 pm So-called "analogue" software DSP fx plugins have come a long way over the years but still aren't quite there, especially in emulations of magnetic devices. It's significant that the wonderful Neve 542 Tape Emulator outboard unit excels by physically modelling a record head, using a custom-designed transformer.

I've just been testing the Kazrog True Iron plugin (v1.2.4) and I'm partly pleased but partly disappointed.

My analytical tests show that each transformer model produces its own particular level of a common profile of even-numbered harmonics, but the level of these harmonics is UNRESPONSIVE to input signal amplitude. Why? This is presumably the kind of software DSP short-cut that the White Sea Studios dude so often and so rightly complains about for plugins that claim to have an "analogue" sound - "IT HAS NO DEPTH!"

But all is not lost: each True Iron model also generates a profile of odd-numbered harmonics and the shape and level of this profile ARE responsive to input signal amplitude. Odd-numbered harmonics are essential non-linear products of practically all magnetic circuits in which the signal amplitude reaches the 'curly ends' of the hysteresis curve.

Moreover, all the True Iron models yield plenty of intermodulation distortion products (aka sidebands) when driven really hard, producing the much loved "exciter" effect.

Nice one Shane (though I'd love to know what that even harmonics business is about).
I'd be interested to know how true this is.

sqigls wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:59 am insufferable tool
I think "insufferable tool" is as close to pronunciation as can be :hihi:

I find that the kazrog plugins prior to this were Ok not great. So not trying this plugin but reading post I thought I should,post this. Meh. Not a "Shane" fan but fan of great ideas.

Thermionik is the the best ampsim out there for me. It doesn't look great but it sounds the best.

marcusmack wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:36 pm My analytical tests show that each transformer model produces its own particular level of a common profile of even-numbered harmonics, but the level of these harmonics is UNRESPONSIVE to input signal amplitude. Why? This is presumably the kind of software DSP short-cut that the White Sea Studios dude so often and so rightly complains about for plugins that claim to have an "analogue" sound - "IT HAS NO DEPTH!"
It's a night-and day difference, especially if your source has big dynamic range. Everything gets coloured the same way - the softest parts as much as the loudest - which is wrong. Hardware doesn't work like that. Well, maybe in True Iron 2 he'll get it right...

Return to “Effects”