My new attempt at Alternative Trippy Gospel!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Val_Verrel
KVRist
52 posts since 1 Jul, 2018

Post Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:20 pm

Hello all! I've been in conversation with a few of you on here about my musical journey, which has been nice sharing and hearing back from you all. So I decided to add my new addition to the Music Cafe legacy! My new track is a descriptive song about my spiritual experiences thus far approached in a somewhat alternative approach to typical Gospel. Would love to hear thoughts!

https://soundcloud.com/val-verrel/i-wash-prod-by-bixel

Much love, Val-Verrel

Vortifex
KVRian
1223 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Re: My new attempt at Alternative Trippy Gospel!

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:42 am

Musically/vibe-wise the chorus is really nice, it's the kind of thing I can imagine hearing from a major artist. The mix/production needs some improvement IMO. The lo-fi grunge/saturation/clipping in some sections affected the vocals as well, and not in a good way. I think there's some seriously low frequency stuff there that needs to be high-passed. Overall I liked it, I just thought the grunge was excessive and maybe some of the vocal reverb could be tamed a bit.

Val_Verrel
KVRist

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:44 am

Thanks for that great feedback! Glad you like the chorus I'm very proud of it. I definitely understand what you're saying about the mix. We took a different creative approach. I will definitely experiment with my use of reverb more still find that balance.
Many blessings.

donkey tugger
Boss Lovin' DR
5497 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from the grimness of yorkshire

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:23 am

I like that again. I'd agree with what Vortifex said to a large extent. There's not too much bass overall, but some of the low end on the other instruments is interfering a bit, so it doesn't sound as tight as it could.

I liked the use of district reverbs/delays on different vocals - nice 'ear candy' stuff. I think that for the ones with the longer decays you could hi-pass the reverb (or perhaps the entire vocal track?) a bit more to differentiate them from the others. If that makes sense... :hihi:

Val_Verrel
KVRist

Post Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:44 pm

Ahhh okay! Great that you like the track! I'm excited to continue my experiment and learn more! I'm gonna try the hi-pass technique you've recommended...

seismic1
KVRAF
9164 posts since 13 Mar, 2009 from UK

Post Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:31 pm

Lovin' the "dubby" or "deep-tech" atmosphere on this one, and the vocal arrangement works very well, especially with the different reverbs.

Good work :)

Val_Verrel
KVRist

Post Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:48 am

Amazingg! Thank you Seismic!

Return to “Music Cafe”