Ampleforth

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
frackermak
KVRer
10 posts since 22 Nov, 2018 from UK

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:45 am

New demo featuring my shiny new black Friday purchases... πŸ˜›πŸ˜Ž
EchoBoy, Black Hole, Redoptor 2 and Mini Grand.
A chilled groove with piano, a heavily distorted flute and some funky guitar.. It builds. πŸŽ§πŸ‘ #90bpm #electro #newmusic
Cheers
https://soundcloud.com/screamershock/ampleforth

wagtunes
KVRAF
14005 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: Ampleforth

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:13 am

My Feedback

Music - 6
Instruments - 7
Performance - 7
Mix - 7.5

Overall - 6.875

Comments: Piano at start is very boxy. "Intro" is just way too long. 3 chord progression with no top line for almost 2 minutes is very boring and monotonous. Even after minimal top line comes in, piece is stagnant. Finally at about 3 minutes in it changes but the change is so drastic it sounds like a different piece altogether and what it morphs into has no relevance to what came before it. And then we're back to the original theme again. So the middle section is so out of place it doesn't even fit. Well, we're 4 minutes in and finally we get the two themes together. Somewhat interesting finally but by this time we've stopped caring because we're bored stiff.

Mix isn't terrible. Could use some work but I've heard much worse. Musically there is something here to work with but it needs a lot more development. Right now it's just stagnant and dull. Performance is adequate but nothing inspiring. The sounds themselves are decent but again, the piece itself is so lifeless that it's hard to care.

Vortifex
KVRian
1023 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:42 am

I liked the 'cinematic' feel of the intro with the sustained notes and reverb but IMO that section needs to be significantly shorter to maintain momentum. In fact the track would benefit from some editing to get it down to 3 minutes or so. I liked the groove you had going with the funky guitar, and track itself reminded me of stuff I enjoyed from the 90s, it just needs to be compacted a little :tu:

layzer
KVRAF
5761 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:54 am

whee!!!!!!! shiny new toys, but imho the stage sounds weird. like everything is in your face.
especially the drums. :?
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

frackermak
KVRer
10 posts since 22 Nov, 2018 from UK

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:16 am

Thanks for the feedback. Good or bad, much appreciated πŸ‘.
Only ever meant to be a groove featuring new toys 😁.
3 hours work yesterday afternoon.
Will post something polished next time.
Let's see what everyone else has been up to..
Cheers
Jon.

biodiode
KVRist
425 posts since 23 Sep, 2003 from UK

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:18 pm

Could tell that this was more of playing with shiny new toys then doing something with a shiny production value. Hope they were good deals, I kept my wallet locked up this year. I will look out for your next track :)
Check out more of my work at https://www.biodiode.com where you will find tips, tricks on the blog and more of my compositions.

Return to β€œMusic Cafe”