Tal-Mod

Official support for: tal-software.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Whether it’s fully modular or not, more and more I turn to TAL Mod for any subtractive analogish synth work.

Lol, you realize the discussion ended exactly 1 year ago and started again today? Happy anniversary :D

Yes TAL-Mod has proven in the last year to be a go-to and resides in my top 5.

Same here , It's my main synth for some analogesque style sounds , it's fast and sounds bloody amazing
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

perpetual3 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:08 pm
DuX wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:46 am Oh please... it's just a standard two osc synth made to look like a modular. C'mon. :?

Now mind you, I'm not saying it's bad, just nothing spectacular. To be a real modular it needs a choice of modules, freely assignable and modulatable. You cant' have that. At best it is similar to Korg MS-20, kinda.
Whether it’s truly Modular or not, it sounds great. Your comment is exactly why I thinks it’s totally under rated.
And also it is not simply the number of oscillators (nor the number of this or that) which makes a synth good or bad.
:lol:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

What makes a product good or bad for someone is what he makes with it. Period.

I never consider something as good or bad... I just estimate whether it is good for MY taste or not.

Something which doesn't match someone's tastes will perfectly match someone else's tastes.

The rest is words and just peremptory affirmations.

There are many synths that I don't care of and many synths that I like or love. You never see me on threads about synths that I don't care of or that I don't like. Because it has no interest for anybody, neither me nor the others. The world is for everybody, for all the tastes, and we don't have to be everywhere ! Especially when it is just to say "I don't like this thing" ! What is the interest to be on a thread about the synths you don't like ? None ! It just brings stupid disagreements on a place where you don't have anything to do. Would you bring bad critics on ALL the things you don't like throughout the world ? Isn't there better and more intelligent ways to spend the time ? It's so much better to spend these minutes or hours to compose or play with what is liked or loved ! So just leave these threads for those who like these synths. And the world will be way more peaceful.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:30 pm
So please , STFU :) , you are clearly not up to date and don't grasp the basic concept :tu:
Oh the irony...

You DO know you are responding to a comment made a year ago right?

EDIT -- apparently there is a new update out now and he made MUCH nicer looking cables! Ahhhhh sweet, that was my primary (if a bit silly) gripe with the thing...

He still needs to fix the delay unit's feedback settings, though. At around 30% and up, it will feedback forever..... :borg:

Just have to add, that this is definitely one of the nicest sounding VA's around. It's even on Par with Diva in sound quality.

I wish they added multi-core optimization though as it can bring my CPU to it's knees with pads.

In the mean time I'll just sample it into Tai-sampler :hihi:
:borg:

I still think its really good...

Dave

yeah it sounds really damn good.

I wasn't sure what to make of the way modulation is handled, but now I dig it. it's like having a mini mod matrix per modulation source. it takes an extra click to bring up modulation amounts, but you can route a ridiculous amount of stuff without any apparent global limit on mod matrix slots, and without having to context switch. imo it's also more readable than standard mod matrix fare, at least when things get complicated. I actually prefer to put cable transparency at 0% and just look for the little modulation boxes.

my one gripe is setting semitone values in the sequencer sucks. I hate those + and - buttons. being able to randomise patterns is a nice inclusion, though.

NERF_PROTOSS wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:54 pm
my one gripe is setting semitone values in the sequencer sucks. I hate those + and - buttons. being able to randomise patterns is a nice inclusion, though.
I agree, big time. The sequencer, as is, is just decent. It feels slow and sluggish to work with, which is the opposite of how step sequencer should feel. To my mind, the whole point of having a step seq is for rapid, on the fly composition of patterns, without having to go into your DAW's sequencer. Repro-1 seriously nailed this, with the best in-synth step seq I've ever seen. And it has a step-record mode, which really make all the difference...

- TAL bassline-101 has a step record mode, so TAL already has the code for this, why not implement it into TAL Mod?

- + and - buttons for semitones is way, way too sluggish

- every step seq should have 'shift forward' and 'shift backward' buttons

I just tried this out and I’m getting a lot of aliasing when I drive the filter with a lot of resonance. Is there some oversampling setting that I’m missing?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

perpetual3 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:08 pm
DuX wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:46 am Oh please... it's just a standard two osc synth made to look like a modular. C'mon. :?

Now mind you, I'm not saying it's bad, just nothing spectacular. To be a real modular it needs a choice of modules, freely assignable and modulatable. You cant' have that. At best it is similar to Korg MS-20, kinda.
Whether it’s truly Modular or not, it sounds great. Your comment is exactly why I thinks it’s totally under rated.
I’m actually finding it to sound pretty bad. I kept looking for an oversampling setting that evidently doesn’t exist.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:30 am I just tried this out and I’m getting a lot of aliasing when I drive the filter with a lot of resonance. Is there some oversampling setting that I’m missing?
You’re the first one reporting aliasing issues.
Never had I encountered this and I use filter drive and resonance a lot.
It’s one of the finest softsynths out there , it handles filter fm , osc sync etc…exceptionally well , I am convinced it’s just user error from your part.
As always you will neglect this .

Upload a soundfile to backup your aliasing issue
Eyeball exchanging

zerocrossing wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:03 am

I’m actually finding it to sound pretty bad. I kept looking for an oversampling setting that evidently doesn’t exist.
So I tried every possible setting and was not able to make the filter alias .
When osc vol.set to full and drive to max you will obviously get a different resonant peak ( like the korg ms 20 when overdriven ) , but no aliasing whatsoever .
I even drove the filter beyond it's range by Routing +2 into the cuttof controlled by a macro knob , the result was a waveshaping clipper which I have reported as a bug .( let's see what patrick has to say about it ) , but again no aliasing .
Still waiting for your aliasingexample :lol:
Eyeball exchanging

Return to “TAL Software”