HGSounds Kontakt 5 Group Buy (possible 15 Products)

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Astralp
KVRAF
1640 posts since 25 Feb, 2005 from Ganymede

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:51 pm

It’s that Group Buy time of year again!

This year it is pretty much a combination of last year and the previous Cassetto Group Buy, and so includes products developed whilst the Group buy is running as well as Bonus Product Credits which you can use to choose from a wide selection of existing Products which includes Kontakt Instruments, Synth Presets, Sample based Products and VST Instruments. If the goal is achieved you will get a total of 15 Products, including 6 Kontakt Instruments developed throughout the Group Buy.

As last years participants know, it is a fluid process and so the ideas are not set in Stone, and may change slightly by the time I get to developing them. Last year some good ideas came from members on the Forum thread.

Once a level is reached the product will be available to download assuming it is completed. Last year I managed to have everything ready for each stage as the Group Buy ran at a steady enough pace. I estimate there is about 3 months work involved to build all of the instruments.

The Group Buy costs just $19.99 to join and you get everything ticked below immediately.

• Level 0 - Circular
    A Synthesizer based on Cycling Waveforms per step including an Advanced Arpeggiator. See Below for details.
    -
  • Level 1 - Bonus Product Credit
    You can select from a list of 56 available products from the site, only a few are excluded, mainly ones that were released in the last few months. See a list of ALL available choices.
    -
  • Level 2 - Bonus Product Credit
    You can select from a list of most available products from the site.
    -
  • Level 3 - Bass Loops 1
    A Selection of new Bass Loops created using a Fender Squire PJ Bass and Revelation Fretless PJ Bass. Info on the Guitars.
    -
  • Level 4 - Bass Loops 2
    A Selection of new Bass Loops created using a Fender Squire PJ Bass and Revelation Fretless PJ Bass. Info on the Guitars.
    -
  • Level 5 - ReaniBass
    The Bass Loops will be joined with the Reanimator Engine to create an interesting Bass Mangler. Info on the Guitars.
    -
  • Level 6 - Bonus Product Credit
    -
  • Level 7 - Midi ARP
    This will be based on the ARP in Circular but used as a standalone Midi ARP for using with external Midi Instruments. It will also have 12 scenes which can be switched in real-time from a chosen midi Octave. The 4 Cutoff/Resonance Sequencers will be used to control CCs instead.
    -
  • Level 8 - Guitar Loops 1
    A selection of new Guitar Loops made with various guitars. I’ve made a fretless guitar for this as well, which is really interesting to play, it can sound like plucked strings, fretless Bass and almost Electric Sitar like, I’ve lowered the action on the upper strings to encourage this :) Info on the Guitars.
    -
  • Level 9 - Guitar Loops 2
    A selection of new Guitar Loops made with various guitars. Info on the Guitars.
    -
  • Level 10 - Reanitar 2
    The Guitar Loops will be joined with the Reanimator Engine to create the follow up to last years Reanitar. Info on the Guitars.
    -
  • Level 11 - Bonus Product Credit
    -
  • Level 12 - Sequenced Synth
    This will be a Synth designed around Procession Advanced. The downside of Procession is that Kontakt does not allow sending to different Midi Channels which prevents Procession from doing interesting Multi-Timbral Sequencing so that each Sequencer can control a different sound. This will address that by building A synth into Procession which can use different sounds for each Sequencer.
    -
  • Level 13 - Bonus Product Credit
    -
  • Level 14 - Drum Machine
    This will be a Drum Machine engine probably along the lines of Black Magic to some degree. I haven’t thought about it too much yet and it’s last because it will be the longest job in the Group Buy. It will be Electronic Drum Based.
Join the Group Buy

ABOUT CIRCULAR

The initial idea behind Circular was to have oscillators which would play a different Waveform per Step. It turned out to be interesting, but I found that it needed something else to contrast the effect. After much experimentation with various ideas I opted for a Pluck Oscillator and a Swell/Fade In Oscillator which gave some much needed consistency to the rotating Waveforms of the main two Synths. I initially tried them with the same Filter and Mods, but in end decided to go along the lines of pre-filter digital synths from the 80s which rely on the actual waveforms brightness. I think this works great whilst the main two synth take care of the busy and complex sounds.

Circular ArpThe Synth has no Panels and so everything can always be seen which makes editing easy and intuitive. However I thought that it’s a shame to not have any sort of Sequencing as it’s interesting with the Wave Cycling, and so decided to make an Arpeggiator in a different Script slot. It’s an Advanced ARP with dedicated Sequencers for Velocity/Play, Note Length as well as both Cutoff and Resonances of Circular. Although it is a separate Script, the main Circular Preset system is used to store the ARP preset too, so that a complete Preset can be used. However there is also a Browser for the ARP which will just load the ARP portion of the Preset without changing the sound of Circular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DweHskPI5mI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHWGM4m5yv8
Last edited by Astralp on Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

martinjuenke
KVRAF
2491 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Germany

Re: HGSounds Kontakt 5 Group Buy (possible 15 Products)

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:11 pm

Last year it was really fun and fruitful!
This year will be even better...
Last edited by martinjuenke on Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

nordickvr
KVRian
935 posts since 29 Sep, 2013

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:50 pm

So much happening over here!
Insane price/value ratio!

bftucker
KVRian
1089 posts since 30 Apr, 2004 from Louisville, KY

Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:01 am

I am in...again!
바보

tatanka
KVRian
927 posts since 13 Jan, 2014

Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:23 am

Great time again, I love these group buys :-).

And the instruments really grow, maybe its just my personal taste but for me Circular is by far the best and "shaped" sounding one so far. You can get very "interesting" sounds out of evry of the great synths with unique idea behind evry one so far but I ever have problems to really get them to fit into my songideas but Circular really sounds "round", fits perfectly without much tweaking. And the random buttons deliver great results. Great one, alone worth the price, but whats more important the fun of the groupbuy will be "priceless" again :-).

Only one request: after all these groupbuys there is really not much left to choose from existing products :-). So would be great if you could think about to throw in some of the excluded ones (like the Air ones, Gravity) on higher level (for example for level 11) ?

THK
KVRist
247 posts since 25 May, 2001

Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:09 am

:party: :tu:

Astralp
KVRAF

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:24 pm

I think everything is set up now and I've just sent out a KVR Press Release. It's nice to see familiar avatars, I've been looking forward to this aspect :)

tatanka, I can't include my recent products unfortunately as it is unfair to the people who bought them, I'm very grateful for their support and rely on it to keep me going throughout the year. Sorry about that...

I have 1/2 of the Bass loops processed now, should be ready to work on ReaniBass in the next few days.

Group Buy Update

Current Level is 1, Circular and a Bonus Product selection already available.

25 more for Level 2 which unlocks a 2nd free Bonus Product Credit :)

madwab
KVRer
14 posts since 20 Jan, 2018

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:33 pm

I used my bonus credit to get Movement, that and Circular for $19.99 is good even if no-one else joins. :)

tatanka
KVRian
927 posts since 13 Jan, 2014

Post Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:18 am

Hi Andy,
tatanka, I can't include my recent products unfortunately as it is unfair to the people who bought them, I'm very grateful for their support and rely on it to keep me going throughout the year. Sorry about that...
Sorry for my thoghtlessness :dog: , just did not thought about this, you are absolutely right and I am more then fine with this. Only excuse: its groupbuy-fever again :D

LastDarkstar
KVRer
12 posts since 7 Aug, 2017

Post Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:26 am

I want the pulse control, but in 64bit, 32bit is no good to me

jbraner
KVRian
812 posts since 8 Jan, 2003

Post Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:42 am

So, hopefully if we already bought Circular - we're "in" the group buy 😉

I bought it right away - for that reason 😉

Michaelparkinson
KVRist
76 posts since 15 Jan, 2015

Post Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:58 pm

Um, silly q - how do I access the bonus?

Astralp
KVRAF

Post Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:16 pm

Yes circular is the Group Buy jbraner 😀

Michael Parkinson - on the Group Buy Page there is a link just below the current member stats in the box on the right.

15 to the next free product.

popuman
KVRer
1 posts since 14 Dec, 2002 from someone somewhere in summertime

Post Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:48 am

Group Buy you say? Of course I'm in!
in my world you don't exist http://www.geocities.com/ylang02

akninganing
KVRer
6 posts since 21 Apr, 2007 from Paris

Post Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:28 am

I'm in again for this new great Group Buy of GEMs. Cheers!

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”