NanoStudio 2 is very close....finally!

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Will0827
KVRer
5 posts since 20 Dec, 2018

Post Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:15 am

Hope all is well for everyone, random post to try and bypass the spam filter elsewhere, but to speak on the topic, hope the app can grow as I was a big fan of the first.

v1o
KVRian
1352 posts since 2 Oct, 2004

Re: NanoStudio 2 is very close....finally!

Post Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:04 pm

When is the iphone version out?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Cinebient
KVRAF
3909 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Post Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:56 pm

v1o wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:04 pm
When is the iphone version out?
The developer says something about March 2019.

Atlatnesiti
KVRer
23 posts since 3 Apr, 2018

Post Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:33 pm

So very un-intuitive. Crap

Atlatnesiti
KVRer
23 posts since 3 Apr, 2018

Post Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:36 pm

Cubasis is the king of DAW

jens
KVRAF
19036 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:11 am

Atlatnesiti wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:49 am
I have paid - all in aus $ as follows:
49$ - Nanostudio 2
9 of 9.99$ - each of so called expansion packs
Atlatnesiti wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:49 am
Btw; I have bought it plus couple of sound packs in hope that extra money will help and speed up the process of this app developent.
You should seek treatment soon.
" It is a measurable fact. Not my opinion. And not even subtle. If you can't hear difference in tail between Valhalla and VSR reverb tail then again change your job dude." kmonkey

Cinebient
KVRAF

Post Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:42 am

Worth a look.
Also think about you can easy run 30+ instances of Obsidian on even an iPad Air 1 or maybe 100+ on the latest devices.
I wish more versatile desktop plug-ins would be so efficient. Obsidian also has some tricks most of my desktop synths are missing.
https://youtu.be/YjoCaJaYRg0
Last edited by Cinebient on Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

bungle
KVRAF
1576 posts since 12 Mar, 2004

Post Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:46 am

Obsidian is bland in comparison to a good desktop synth, it is bland compared to Synthmaster One on IOS.
It's a perfect representation of NS2 as a whole, everything in Nanostudio is great, put together in such a piss poor way that it becomes a non fluid cluster funk to work with, biggest let down of 2018.
If your plugin is a C++ creation, please don't say so.
If it is, pop round Marcos, he has just bought you a Mac to port it.

Cinebient
KVRAF

Post Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:01 am

bungle wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:46 am
Obsidian is bland in comparison to a good desktop synth, it is bland compared to Synthmaster One on IOS.
It's a perfect representation of NS2 as a whole, everything in Nanostudio is great, put together in such a piss poor way that it becomes a non fluid cluster funk to work with, biggest let down of 2018.
Well, if that is your experience and opinion it is of course legit to say. But i did not heard any better outcome of any iOS DAW when i look at the NanoStudio forum song posts.
It seems people really love it and get inspired and it seems the most stable iOS DAW, like v1 was for years for me. It also has things no (or just very few) other iOS DAW seems to have i would call standard like group tracks. F.e. i could say the same clusterfuck about BM3 while i loved BM2. But then i say that about all current iOS DAWs. Maybe it is because i´m used to Logic and NS2 comes closest to it.
But if you have constructive critic i would like to know what is so bad with NS2.
I mean i would not use Obsidian to replace Dune 3, P900, Reaktor or whatever but these all use 20 times more cpu...even for similar sounds.
The only negative thing i can say about NS2 is the missing audio tracks. But if i can run 50 tracks on old devices i can live even without that.
I agree that Synthmaster One is a superb synth but i personally prefer Obsidian here beside for some specific sounds maybe. But then there are far better synths out there as Synthmaster One also for my taste...even stock synths inside Logic.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”