NanoStudio 2 is very close....finally!

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My most awaited iOS app ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqdRoDCp1_4

Looks very tidy and neat, I def. like it!

I loved the original Nanostudio, for a while it was probably one of the best iPad music apps, but that was many years ago and I am not sure how this will do against Cubasis 2 or even Gadget. Does anyone with an iPad not have this base covered (its not cheap as apps go)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:52 pm I loved the original Nanostudio, for a while it was probably one of the best iPad music apps, but that was many years ago and I am not sure how this will do against Cubasis 2 or even Gadget. Does anyone with an iPad not have this base covered (its not cheap as apps go)
For me best iOS DAW ever. Alone the synth is worth the money. I even think it´s better than a lot desktop tools.
Cubasis and Gadget are way behind this workflow for me on a multi-touch device.
It all started with NS1 for me and now there is finally v2.
Damn...i´m more excited than waiting for Dune 3 :D

It may well be great, unfortunately no demo on iOS...but I look forward to seeing what other think.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:11 pm It may well be great, unfortunately no demo on iOS...but I look forward to seeing what other think.
It's not just great, it is perfection, I have never used it but i know it is the best app that has ever been made because the developer once made an app that was amazing six years ago (Sarcasm)
Looks pretty good in the demos, but has no audio tracks, no sample slicing, no timestretch and a developer that has a serious issue with meeting his own deadlines, yes it could be great, but it's late in the game and other software already exists now that does most of what this does, it wont have the impact NS1 did, beyond the obvious fanboyism that is (Reality)
Duh

Best iOS synth ever....and the DAW is just the topping :D

Cinebient wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:25 pm My most awaited iOS app ever.
Too little and 5 years too late and behind Cubasis, Auria, Beatmaker and even free GarageBand.
And there is the price for this what really should be .1 free update:
I have paid - all in aus $ as follows:
49$ - Nanostudio 2
9 of 9.99$ - each of so called expansion packs
Total price of fully working NS2 is approx $130 AU..! And wait for the punchline, Audio recording will be available sometime in mid 2019. Judging by how long it took them to implement 64bit edition of existing NS! - 6 years!!! I wouldn’t count on it anyway.
What a waste of money...
As it is, Cubasis is the king of all iOS Daws and will remain so especially with the recent merger.

Cinebient wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:57 pm Best iOS synth ever....and the DAW is just the topping :D
You can’t be serious....
I have about 260 synths on my iPad Pro and NS2 is ok, but probably ranking as 100ish and definetely it is way far behind to be the best, maybe are you limited to your fanboy NS 1 hemisphere perhaps.
Btw: Best iOS DAW IS Cubasis - NO Contest 😄
Last edited by Atlatnesiti on Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes, best iOS synths in my opinion coming from Moog, Korg, Astoria etc NS2 synths are way behind these plugged in to Cubasis 2.

SLiC wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:14 pm Yes, best iOS synths in my opinion coming from Moog, Korg, Astoria etc NS2 synths are way behind these plugged in to Cubasis 2.
You can plug in anything you want to Cubasis

Atlatnesiti wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:57 am
Cinebient wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:57 pm Best iOS synth ever....and the DAW is just the topping :D
You can’t be serious....
I have about 260 synths on my iPad Pro and NS2 is ok, but probably ranking as 100ish and definetely it is way far behind to be the best, maybe are you limited to your fanboy NS 1 hemisphere perhaps.
Btw: Best iOS DAW IS Cubasis - NO Contest 😄
Yes.I´m serious. Maybe you are not into sound design and easy workflow.
I mean for analog power there are far better options but is there even any other hybrid synth which loads samples as OSC (and no BM3 or Audio Layer doesn´t do it).
The most interesting part for me is the FM and sample OSC.
I own tons of apps and plug-ins for mac and i think Obsidian is even better as Falcon. Not in terms of features but workflow and CPU usage of course as well.
But i´m interested where you think Obsidian could be much better.
Cubasis? No thank´s. Cubase is a great desktop DAW but Cubasis is terrible.

Atlatnesiti wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:49 am
Cinebient wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:25 pm My most awaited iOS app ever.
Too little and 5 years too late and behind Cubasis, Auria, Beatmaker and even free GarageBand.
And there is the price for this what really should be .1 free update:
I have paid - all in aus $ as follows:
49$ - Nanostudio 2
9 of 9.99$ - each of so called expansion packs
Total price of fully working NS2 is approx $130 AU..! And wait for the punchline, Audio recording will be available sometime in mid 2019. Judging by how long it took them to implement 64bit edition of existing NS! - 6 years!!! I wouldn’t count on it anyway.
What a waste of money...
As it is, Cubasis is the king of all iOS Daws and will remain so especially with the recent merger.
Depends of your needs. Cubasis is pretty useless for me.
Something like the groups/stacked tracks like in NS2 is needed.
Fully working? You don´t need to buy IAP. I also wouldn´t buy them since i don´t need them since i have much better samples to import into it already.
For a bigger company like Steinberg they could learn from the one man show how to make a multi-touch app.
But where Cubasis is better is the virtual keyboard control input options. But that´s it.
Of course preferences. If you don´t like NS2 fine....move on and have fun with Cubasis.

Bottom line is that Steinberg has massive/infinite resources for development of their products, Blip doesn’t.
There is NO contest really.
I feel sorry for NanoStudio, but after so many years of silence, releasing incomplete app makes you wonder about credibility of it’s maker...
Btw; I have bought it plus couple of sound packs in hope that extra money will help and speed up the process of this app developent.

Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:49 pm Bottom line is that Steinberg has massive/infinite resources for development of their products, Blip doesn’t.
There is NO contest really.
I feel sorry for NanoStudio, but after so many years of silence, releasing incomplete app makes you wonder about credibility of it’s maker...
Btw; I have bought it plus couple of sound packs in hope that extra money will help and speed up the process of this app developent.
Apple has even a lot more resources but there is still no Logic Pro for iOS (which would kill all the competition on iOS and 90% of all other iOS music apps for me).
I don‘t think the mobile team from Steinberg is big.
Maybe a couple people.
There focus is the desktop market.
Of course no one knows what happen with a one man product in the future and what happens if things won‘t go well for him etc.
I still find NS2 the only DAW i would like to use now to make full tracks on an iOS device.
Auria is the best for mixing/mastering with the Fabfilter tools added.
But it‘s mainly Obsidian in NS2 i like and anyway mostly would record everything into Logic.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”