Searching for Software Sequencer (not DAW) for Live Playing (Pattern Sequencer)

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
maverik2k73
KVRer
5 posts since 29 Nov, 2015

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:12 am

Hello Community,

i am searching for a software like Ableton live oder Mixcraft which offers the possibility, to record midi sequences or loop-patterns.
It is important, that you can select, start and stop these patterns by assigning keyboard keys or CCs, so that you can control them using hardware.
I know, that the mentioned daw's can do it, i would like, that the software could store some kind of songlist, so that i can quickly switch between the songs with its specific patterns.

I think of something like a software version of the Pads in a Roland Fantom or FA-08.

Does someone know a software, that can do these things?

Thanks

deastman
KVRAF
6820 posts since 7 Aug, 2003 from San Francisco Bay Area

Re: Searching for Software Sequencer (not DAW) for Live Playing (Pattern Sequencer)

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:41 am

This sounds like you want Ableton Live with Push 2.

Or a Synthstrom Deluge.
Incomplete list of my gear: 110V AC to 12V DC 1.5A power supply (+ tip)

twisted-space
KVRist
298 posts since 9 Dec, 2006

Re: Searching for Software Sequencer (not DAW) for Live Playing (Pattern Sequencer)

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:50 pm

maverik2k73
KVRer
5 posts since 29 Nov, 2015

Post Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:54 am

Thanks for the link
http://www.filter24.org/seq24/

but this program seems unfinished and abandoned. Actually it would go in the right direction, but you cannot select the patterns using midi cc's or keys.

Ableton Live is known, it is very complicated and you cannot quickly switch between livesets.
The same problem exists with Mixcraft, which has the a same funtionality as ableton in this aspect (without push2 of course).

Are there any other progamms?

antic604
KVRian
1447 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:58 am

maverik2k73 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:54 am
Are there any other programs?
Bitwig. But if Live is complicated, so will Bitwig.
Live 10 // Bitwig 2 // Reason 10 // Studio One 4
Music: https://soundcloud.com/antic604

VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF
8680 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Post Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:57 pm

FLstudio

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”