Please beware of Mystery Islands Music

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:tu:

SAW75 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:59 pm
I have tried to give a 1 star review multiple times based on my very real expereince. My reviews have not been posted. The reviews are rigged. Has nothing to do with heroin.
Maybe he does for some, looks like Wiremo might allow tackling problem reviews:

https://wiremo.co/business/why-review-s ... r-business

"Problem #4: You lose the ability to control your reputation and eliminate fake/unjust reviews
This is big. Using customer review sites means that as a business owner, you can’t monitor and control your own reviews, and people can (and definitely will) leave absurd or fake reviews, hurting your reputation. The competition can also abuse these sites and can make you look bad quite easily. And you can’t really do anything about that if you don’t have control over it."

Hope he gets it working for you, I just find a lot of the posts around here lay into devs too harshly, in this case it should be the globally successful synth manufacturing corporations under attack for not providing their userbase with modern day editing tools, rather than a one man band doing what he can for a great price.

In recent reads here I've seen devs harassed over charges for an update (Dune 3), and another thread that was frankly ridiculous for an affordable clone (Viper) so I shouldn't have added to any vitriol, maybe there is a big reviews conspiracy, but we can review things right here too...
Nova II, FL20+Fire, Sytrus, Transistor Bass, DUNE 3, Thorn, Viper, ANA 2 SynthMaster, Discovery Pro, Reason, SugarBytes, SoundToys, LION, TRIAD, Plugin-Alliance, T-Racks, AmpliTube, MODO Drum/Bass, iZotope MPS 2.
One Day: FLEXXX, Alpha Forever, Diversion 2

There was nothing absurd about my reviews that won’t post.

Product is poorly made and support is non existent... nothing fake about my experience

I have never ever used any software that is as buggy as this guys Virus Editor. It's beyond ridiculous. The editor is out since about 4 years and still has bugs. These bugs are mainly related to recalling everything properly. I reported tons of bugs to the developer over the past years and to be fair most of them have actually been resolved. In my experience the developer is completely incompetent, however I can't say he is shady.

Some more notes:

- Virus editor is still buggy

He made like no bug hunting himself given sooooo many ridiculous bugs I found. I really did some serious bug hunting back in the days and went from parameter to parameter in a very organized manner, which he did oviously not

I also dislike the descision to make one editor for all Viruses. It's bloated, an unneeded bugherd and surely looks shitty to have a non TI version and so many areas greyed out. (I do have a TI2 just saying)

The editor is super slow but Midi dumps can be send in like a second with a standard midi tool (and actually work!!)

He will release a version 2 at some point which will break backwards compatibility

At one point he said we need to upgrade monitors for version 2 beyond HD because the resolution of the GUI will be huge (wtf ...) I think he no longer plans that but this guy is sooo .... incompetent and weird at times

- Atleast for some time he was _basically_ Mac only (but still releaed for windows)
- Very slow and confusing website, bloated with social media crap
- He does post fake reviews and removed my critical review.
- I don't believe his "99.9% customers are happy" AT ALL

If I would invest more time into this post I could go on for much longer. This is the badest developer I have ever experienced. But again, I think he is not a scammer and is motivated to improve the software over time.

Hi,
i'll try to keep it short.
I would like to advise anyone planning on buying software from this company, not to do it.
I bought 2 months ago nord lead editor, and this is my experience with it.
Simple put, it is useless, it is pushing midi ch 1 and preset 1 on all slots.
I wrote mail to developer. No response. Went to forum, and admin told me (after a while) there will be an update. There was (after a while), but if it was a real one , i don't know, because there was no change for me, still unusable.
There was a second one, same results.
Since there are other bugs too, and i couldn't use it at all, i wrought a mail again (asked politely if they would consider to refund me ), again no response.
I went to PayPal, to get my money back ( actually, my girlfriends money, it was a gift..)
But they refused my claim, no real explanation, so i guess it was because developer has no refund policy, or he does: no refunds.

So , see it for yourself, or spare yourself time and keep your 49.95.

This developer has bad products, but above all, he is not a decent person, i hope i will never hear or see from him again. Actually go to his site, and don't be blind like me, there is popup window on there, popping up constantly , saying people are buying his plugins all over the world constantly :clown:
Last edited by messier35 on Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

After reading this thread I will never purchase anything from Mystery Islands Music!
To all those that got scammed
"A fool and there money is easily parted"
:D

I have been using the Virus C editor today. I can tell you it is head and shoulders above the Rekon editor which I also bought thereby throwing my money away. I have had some full recall issues with the Mystery Islands plugin and it is fussy regarding the midi interface that you use to connect to it. The only midi interfaces that I have that work really well with this kind of sysex and CC control are my Steinberg Midex 8 and Midex 3 which use midi direct drivers. Recall isn't perfect so I record the audio before I close a session. Overall I am satisfied with it and I can save patches and recall them if I save them to a bank within the plugin and then recall it manually. If I just rely on the plugin to pop up with the correct settings after I close a session it isn't reliable. Automation works but it can bog down so I keep automation simple to and only automate the adsrs , filters and effect sends. Just a different experience and different impression and perhaps different expectations.

I also have the Virus editor but I gave up on using it since at least 4 years due to the huge amount of bugs.
And it's still not working as it should? Freakin unbelievable...

Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:21 pm Recall isn't perfect so I record the audio before I close a session. Overall I am satisfied with it and I can save patches and recall them if I save them to a bank within the plugin and then recall it manually. If I just rely on the plugin to pop up with the correct settings after I close a session it isn't reliable. Automation works but it can bog down so I keep automation simple to and only automate the adsrs , filters and effect sends. Just a different experience and different impression and perhaps different expectations.
So basically it is not working as it should, but you are ok with that.
Well i am not, i payed the full amount of real money to them, exactly the amount they were asking from me, no less, so i expect the same, plugin that works, not just partly woking ( in my case plugin is completely useless), but they think its ok for them to give less then they received. When i asked for refund (i was asking politely, "if they would consider.."), he didn't even bother to answer.
Its been 15 years i am buying music gear and software, i have never had such a bad experience, or used such a bad product.
Last edited by messier35 on Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:12 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Yeah, I pre-ordered the Pulse 2 editor On Feb 27 or so, which was supposed to be released on March 1. Well March 1 has come and gone, he has sent the license key, but there are no download links available. The demo can't be unlocked so full installers are needed. Not sure if its a shady move to sent the license key, but not the download links with regards to paypal refunds. The March 1 release date has been removed from the website and now it just says "this is a pre-order item and downloads will be available soon".

JoaquinAce wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:46 pm Yeah, I pre-ordered the Pulse 2 editor On Feb 27 or so, which was supposed to be released on March 1. Well March 1 has come and gone, he has sent the license key, but there are no download links available. The demo can't be unlocked so full installers are needed. Not sure if its a shady move to sent the license key, but not the download links with regards to paypal refunds. The March 1 release date has been removed from the website and now it just says "this is a pre-order item and downloads will be available soon".
ask for refund , with paypal , while you still have case maybe..

So my two cents
A) he just moved studios and announced that he will be slow to respond in the meantime
B) I have blofeld and ms2000 editors and they work a treat often problems relate to which firmware is installed on the synth and DAW setup.
But I would contact him via email and describe the problem in normal friendly manner he helped me at the beginning to get all setup and working.
Cubase 6, Alesis Fusion, Virus Ti, Korg Triton & Digital & Analog Collection, K2000R, Yamaha CS1x, Komplete 9, Kirk Hunter Libraries, NVA Taiko Drums, Uhe Ace, Bazille and Zehbra, Polyana, Jamstix 3, Toontrack Drums and more libraries and VST's

Kian Russell wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:10 pm After reading this thread I will never purchase anything from Mystery Islands Music!
To all those that got scammed
"A fool and there money is easily parted"
:D
we saved you from being fool i guess..

Afair a few years ago he significantly raised up prices just to start a "sale" afterwards. Some people.. :D
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

messier35 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:38 pm

So basically it is not working as it should, but you are ok with that.
Well i am not, i payed the full amount of real money to them, exactly the amount they were asking from me, no less, so i expect the same, plugin that works, not just partly woking ( in my case plugin is completely useless), but they think its ok for them to give less then they received. When i asked for refund (i was asking politely, "if they would consider.."), he didn't even bother to answer.
Its been 15 years i am buying music gear and software, i have never had such a bad experience, or used such a bad product.
You clearly don't need my permission to be upset. I was giving context regarding the midi hardware that works for me, how I can get recall of patches working and limitations regarding automation. I can live with it. You can't and that's fine.

Return to “Instruments”