Psytrance!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
User avatar
Distorted Horizon
KVRian
1424 posts since 17 Jan, 2017

Post Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:43 am

https://soundcloud.com/distortedhorizon ... rning-mist

Actually I kinda made this over a month ago but I've been quite busy so.. Now I had a chance to finish it.

Bit different and bit same than previous ones.

Plz enjoy and toss a comment how I've f**ked that up :D

User avatar
Distorted Horizon
KVRian
1424 posts since 17 Jan, 2017

Re: Psytrance!

Post Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:06 am

So bad that people are too polite to say anything? :D

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
14373 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: Psytrance!

Post Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:30 am

My Feedback

Music - 8
Instruments - 10
Performance - 10
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.5

Comments: Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. Been real busy. As for the lack of feedback, meh. That's KVR.

Here are my stats

221 total tracks posted
81 tracks commented on
131 total comments

36.6515837104 Percent commented on
1.6172839506 Comments per track commented on
0.592760181 Comments per total tracks posted

I hardly post anything anymore because like, what's the point.

Anyway, on to your track.

I don't pay attention to genre declarations. I just listen to the track for what it sounds like. Yours sounds great. Mix, everything. Musically, it's typical for the genre (lack of any real melody) and I always take off points for that, but otherwise, this is great stuff. Very exciting to listen to. Kept me interested the whole way through.

Do you know I finished my Trance CD in production sub forum and not one person commented on the finished CD. I mean everybody was quick to tell me what to do and not do but when it was all finished, nothing.

Point is, don't be discouraged by it. This is what KVR is unless you're in the clique. Then you can post one track and get 12 pages of comments on it. Don't get me wrong. The people in the clique are extremely talented and deserve the attention, but still. I sometimes wonder why I waste my time here. I used to comment on every track posted. Now, not so much. Reciprocation is a dying art. People REALLY don't care. We're a pretty self centered bunch the human race.

Anyway, really loved listening to this. Don't let the lack of responses be a reflection on the quality of your music.

Trust me, the one has nothing to do with the other.

Jesse Gorter
KVRian
776 posts since 30 Nov, 2004

Re: Psytrance!

Post Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:17 am

I like the 303, overal pretty good. Sounded like goa.
I do miss a standout element that makes me go "woah must check again" though.

@Wagtunes: do you really think it is aside from actual quality? I kinda think that if you drop a killer track you're always going to get higher views. Maybe not linear the same as quality, but overall I do get more response if my tune is better than the last one i did. I mean, I barely get to page 2, but still :)
ps; really apreciated how you always take your time!

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
14373 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: Psytrance!

Post Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:32 am

Jesse Gorter wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:17 am
I like the 303, overal pretty good. Sounded like goa.
I do miss a standout element that makes me go "woah must check again" though.

@Wagtunes: do you really think it is aside from actual quality? I kinda think that if you drop a killer track you're always going to get higher views. Maybe not linear the same as quality, but overall I do get more response if my tune is better than the last one i did. I mean, I barely get to page 2, but still :)
ps; really apreciated how you always take your time!
Think about it. If nobody listens, how would they know if it's a killer track or not?

Jesse Gorter
KVRian
776 posts since 30 Nov, 2004

Re: Psytrance!

Post Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:44 am

maybe they do listen, but do not always post comments?
Sure you're right also, but how did a clique form if no one listens?

User avatar
Distorted Horizon
KVRian
1424 posts since 17 Jan, 2017

Re: Psytrance!

Post Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:56 am

wagtunes wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:30 am
I don't pay attention to genre declarations. I just listen to the track for what it sounds like. Yours sounds great. Mix, everything. Musically, it's typical for the genre (lack of any real melody) and I always take off points for that, but otherwise, this is great stuff. Very exciting to listen to. Kept me interested the whole way through.
Thanks! I appreciate too that you give a piece of your time :hug:
wagtunes wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:30 am
Do you know I finished my Trance CD in production sub forum and not one person commented on the finished CD. I mean everybody was quick to tell me what to do and not do but when it was all finished, nothing.
Ah.. I was thinking that I haven't seen that thread in a while.. Need to check it out.
Jesse Gorter wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:17 am
I like the 303, overal pretty good. Sounded like goa.
I do miss a standout element that makes me go "woah must check again" though.
Thanks for the feedback :tu: I was kinda hoping that that last part before outro would be that "woah" part :lol:
Jesse Gorter wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:17 am
I kinda think that if you drop a killer track you're always going to get higher views. Maybe not linear the same as quality, but overall I do get more response if my tune is better than the last one i did. I mean, I barely get to page 2, but still :)
Can't say I'd feel 100% the same.. Don't mean to be a dick but I hear tracks from the radio etc that really makes me think "wtf.. this gets air play but not my track?" But yeah.. Still a long way to go :P

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
14373 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: Psytrance!

Post Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:58 am

Jesse Gorter wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:44 am
maybe they do listen, but do not always post comments?
Sure you're right also, but how did a clique form if no one listens?
Some member here get good reputations. Maybe through commenting. Maybe because they're pleasant in general. Others get bad reputations, for a variety of reasons. One of them is speaking out when they see something isn't right, like the way some members treat others. I've been very vocal since coming here because I didn't like a lot of things I saw. As a result, a lot of people here don't like me. Some outright detest me.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not angry or bitter or anything like that. And as you can see, the majority of tracks posted here get very little response. It's just the nature of forums. People, in general, don't care.

It took me a long time but I've made peace with that, which is why I hardly post anything anymore (used to be a track a day) and don't comment much anymore either. I've just got better things to do with my time.

And maybe that's how most people here feel as well, thus the lack of responses.

Jesse Gorter
KVRian
776 posts since 30 Nov, 2004

Re: Psytrance!

Post Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:59 am

Distorted Horizon wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:56 am

Can't say I'd feel 100% the same.. Don't mean to be a dick but I hear tracks from the radio etc that really makes me think "wtf.. this gets air play but not my track?" But yeah.. Still a long way to go :P
ah yes, we should make our own radio!

User avatar
Distorted Horizon
KVRian
1424 posts since 17 Jan, 2017

Re: Psytrance!

Post Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:22 pm

Jesse Gorter wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:59 am
Distorted Horizon wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:56 am

Can't say I'd feel 100% the same.. Don't mean to be a dick but I hear tracks from the radio etc that really makes me think "wtf.. this gets air play but not my track?" But yeah.. Still a long way to go :P
ah yes, we should make our own radio!
I'm not that desperate :lol:

sjm
KVRAF
1755 posts since 17 Apr, 2004

Re: Psytrance!

Post Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:29 pm

Jesse Gorter wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:17 am
@Wagtunes: do you really think it is aside from actual quality? I kinda think that if you drop a killer track you're always going to get higher views. Maybe not linear the same as quality, but overall I do get more response if my tune is better than the last one i did.
There's at least some truth to this. People are more likely to be moved to comment if they feel an emotional connection of some sort. Each time someone replies - even if it's just "I like it" - the track gets bumped.

That means more likely to get more plays. Plus, if you're going to listen to 5 random tracks in any one sitting, the one that's got lots of feedback is more likely to be interesting. So in a random crapshoot, that's the one you listen to. You can't listen to every song out there...


So yeah, nice track :P
Voted KVR's resident drunk Robert Smith impersonator (thanks Frantz!)

User avatar
Distorted Horizon
KVRian
1424 posts since 17 Jan, 2017

Re: Psytrance!

Post Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:17 am

sjm wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:29 pm
Jesse Gorter wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:17 am
@Wagtunes: do you really think it is aside from actual quality? I kinda think that if you drop a killer track you're always going to get higher views. Maybe not linear the same as quality, but overall I do get more response if my tune is better than the last one i did.
There's at least some truth to this. People are more likely to be moved to comment if they feel an emotional connection of some sort. Each time someone replies - even if it's just "I like it" - the track gets bumped.

That means more likely to get more plays. Plus, if you're going to listen to 5 random tracks in any one sitting, the one that's got lots of feedback is more likely to be interesting. So in a random crapshoot, that's the one you listen to. You can't listen to every song out there...


So yeah, nice track :P
Mmmmm nice track but doesn't awake any connection and gets blurred in to a random crapshoot? :lol:

Unreflected
KVRist
93 posts since 13 Jun, 2015

Re: Psytrance!

Post Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:29 am

Love it.
:tu:

Amram
KVRian
580 posts since 12 Jan, 2013 from Foolish Shepherd = God

Re: Psytrance!

Post Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:35 am

nice
i love the intro and the concept .

User avatar
layzer
KVRAF
5922 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Re: Psytrance!

Post Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:31 am

sweet psy.

your mix is always excellent :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Music Cafe”