Waves Central

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ironically, after slandering Waves in another thread I have need of one of my Waves products. Installed the latest version and ran it. Try to log in. Little red System Error pops up below password field when I hit login. I've reset my password, logged into Waves.com to check it, rebooted and run the POS as admin. Same problem over and over. Is there an easy way around this or was I wrong to try to use Waves again?
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

I had some issues with it on Win7 a couple of times in the past. I eventually got it to work. I no longer use win7. Something got broken with win-updates on multiple systems which may have been by design. :scared: I haven't had issues with central on win10. I don't know whether they bother to test the latest builds on win7 or 8, so maybe there are some missing dependencies that the older OS systems don't have maybe. Contacting support is of course the default response that may be the only hope.

Thanks for the reminder to update my signature. I'm on Windows 10 now. I have contacted support but I've had a gut full of contacting them every time their registration system fails me. Hence why I gave up using them a couple of years ago.

If I were the owner of Waves and was aware that the licensing software was preventing people from purchasing the products I would put the developers against a wall and shoot them!
I wonder how much money they've lost over people not being able to access their software and just giving up. Central is by far the worst licenser in this galaxy.

Spot on. It has put complete halt on any purchases I might have made for a couple of years. But occasionally it would be nice to be able to simply install and use the products I paid for. Preferably without days of waiting and helping Waves sort out problems that should not exist.

Kinh wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:46 am If I were the owner of Waves and was aware that the licensing software was preventing people from purchasing the products I would put the developers against a wall and shoot them!
What makes you think that there's a big amount of people avoiding their products because of Waves Central, and, what makes you think that Waves are aware of that? I mean, they're not dumb. Actually, quite the opposite. They seem to make good money off what they are doing. Whether you (or someone else) likes it or not.

I even inatslled Waves Central for some freebies i've gotten from them over the years, and, i'm really glad i did, because i like those freebies (TrueVerb and H-Comp). I wished people would be more objective, instead of solely seeing their own point, and building their own reality based on that.

chk071 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:42 am I wished people would be more objective, instead of solely seeing their own point, and building their own reality based on that.
Practice what you preach.
chk071 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:42 am What makes you think that there's a big amount of people avoiding their products because of Waves Central, and, what makes you think that Waves are aware of that? I mean, they're not dumb. Actually, quite the opposite. They seem to make good money off what they are doing. Whether you (or someone else) likes it or not.
What the hell are you on about? Your sentences dont make sense and your grammar stinks too :dog:

Great arguments. Maybe we can continue discussing when you found some real ones. ;)

iLok and Waves Central rock!!!
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:21 am iLok and Waves Central rock!!!
You know, nobody would ever say that. While everyone online (i mean… like... a handful of people in the respective threads…) notoriously draw the pitchforks, and think they speak for everyone.

I'd say that the reality is that most people couldn't care less about copy protections. There, i said it. Burn me on the funeral pyre now.

Aloysius wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:21 am Waves Central rock!!!
...until you upgrade your computer or change your network provider, then accessing any products (you paid good money for) is literally impossible. Money down the drain, no workaround that works, no refund. Game over

For real evil, Waves Central is nothing compared to WUP :)

Kinh wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:44 am...until you upgrade your computer
That could be interesting. I got a new computer since the last time I used Waves. Could that affect me logging in to WC?

''Logging'' into the Water Closet? :o
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

morelia wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:58 am
Kinh wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:44 am...until you upgrade your computer
That could be interesting. I got a new computer since the last time I used Waves. Could that affect me logging in to WC?
No, he's talking utter shite. Wasnt 'changing service provider' a big enough clue that he was talking out of his arse?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”