Effects for variation/movement

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

what are your favourite effect plugins to add continuous variation and movement for synth and drum tracks?

Cheers

Have you tried looking into Output Movement? It's still good in the rhythm processor department (I personally haven't found anything better), and the good thing about it is that you can find it dirt cheap if you go looking for second-hand unregistered serials, e.g. on eBay. If you do hunt for it, make sure the eBay seller is legit and is selling an actual unregistered serial; sellers on eBay are known to sell pirated stuff.

Phasers are good at this. Would rather modulate synth parameters though.

There's always Sinevibes Drift — it's free, and uses some algorithm or other L o r e n z C h a o s O s c i l l a t o r s to ensure constantly varying movement which it channels to a selection of filters, phasers, and panning options which the user can choose between.

NI Replika XT, in dual mode (eg., setting a cross-rhythm) automating feedback level.

DS Audio Tantra.

pppppppppp wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:16 pm Hi,

what are your favourite effect plugins to add continuous variation and movement for synth and drum tracks?

Cheers
Bitwig modulators

Cableguys Pancake (free)

XLN Retro Color

Melda MGranular, MHarmonizer

Your choice of phaser/flanger/auto-filter

Sequenced effects like SugarBytes Looperator and Effectrix.
And as already mentioned using the host DAW's modulators.

How about Plogue Bidule?

Or a MAX device ...
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Soundspots MSW2

I'll go with a contender most people don't think about, for subtle movements & variations in the spectrum.

Unfiltered Audio SpecOps. Most people think about sound mangling and heavy spectral processing with SpecOps, but it can really be used as a subtle tool for adding quite unique movements into the sound if used cleverly, especially when using the powerful modulation system.

Return to “Effects”