POLL: What is the latest version of Kontakt you primarily use?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic

What is the latest version of Kontakt you use on a day-to-day basis?

Earlier than KONTAKT 5.5
2%
KONTAKT 5.5
4%
KONTAKT 5.6
2%
KONTAKT 5.7
2%
KONTAKT 5.8
74%
KONTAKT 6
18%

Total votes: 57

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Per the title, what is the latest version of Kontakt you are using for day-to-day work? Inquiring minds want to know! (If you only have Kontakt Player, you can still answer.)

If you answered on VI-Control, no need to answer again here!
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Fish

I'm using 6 for a couple of things currently but I'm in the habit of loading 5 (5.8.1) for anything that doesn't require 6.
Requiring 6 is not going to kill my interest per se.

Can't be asked to update to 6 Player everywhere I use 5 (I have 5 full and don't see anything worth even £90 for in 6 - maybe a later minor release will attract me more).

Kontakt Player 6. :)

5.8 but only because i'm waiting for next year's sale before updating Komplete.

Actually, I prefer to use Komplete Kontrol VST these days since i basically treat Kontakt as a ROMpler anyway.

I don't use Kontakt. I use SFZ with TX16Wx or LinuxSampler or Sforzando. So, I want to thank you for keeping Shreddage and Shreddage Bass available as SFZ instruments. :-)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Almost a bad joke...
Last update I could get was 5.7 before the last Access update farked it all. Problem being that it also reset all the 3rd party licenses too, so now I can't open any of them any more. Basically useless for now, so can't say I even really "use" that version either. Hence, bad joke.
On the other hand, I am saving a truckload of money this year since I'm not even considering any more libraries for it until Access works.
Maybe make libraries for HALion instead?

BBFG# wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:15 amMaybe make libraries for HALion instead?
Unlikely to happen :)

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:40 am
BBFG# wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:15 amMaybe make libraries for HALion instead?
Unlikely to happen :)
Yeah, but at this point, as likely as NI correcting the problem they've created for me.

BBFG# wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:15 amOn the other hand, I am saving a truckload of money this year since I'm not even considering any more libraries for it until Access works.
Isn't that there's only a problem with encoded libraries?

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”