Loomer Architect: A modular MIDI toolkit

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

George Sigsally wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:02 pm Can I ask (as for sure new customer next week): I see no presets - is it limitation of evaluation version or something got noised out?
No, it's a limit of it being beta. The user library will be added from 0.11 onwards. The only evaluation limitations are that you cannot load previously saved custom presets (but can load custom macros), and that whilst the Architect state is saved when Arc is running as a plug-in, it won't be reloaded. A full licence removes these limitations.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

I know this is temporary issue - just have to say this after my previous comment..

The manual is really damn good (up to U-he standards) - same like soft. Naming it quick start confuse those reading manual of Logic or Bitwig etc., where they have Getting started version, which many just try to avoid (they would read the same again when reading full manual). 2Caudio on B2 reverb have also unfinished manual and they call it manual.

In short - there is no need to naming the manual "quick start" (even if more comprehensive manual is on the way) and also confusing is putting in install folder file named manual - which is (I guess) not manual.

George Sigsally wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:12 pm In short - there is no need to naming the manual "quick start" (even if more comprehensive manual is on the way) and also confusing is putting in install folder file named manual - which is (I guess) not manual.
Thanks for the feedback: I'll see what I can do to improve this.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

atukao wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:39 am What significantly distinguishes this as an improvement over Max For Live?
I've used Live/Max 4 Live quite a bit in the past. My immediate reason for switching to Architect is because I've switched to Bitwig and Max doesn't have a vst option outside of Live.

Aside from that -- Max/MSP/Jitter is a sprawling program that works with visuals, MIDI and audio. I like Max a lot, but more as a stand-alone tool for working with interactive multi-media projects. (And also I tend to prefer Reaktor and the Bitwig grid for audio programming, and Touch Designer for visuals.)

So the general advantage of Architect is its focus on MIDI processing. I think you could do a lot of similar things in Max and Architect, and probably find things that are easier in one or the other, but for MIDI processing Architect has a kind of uncluttered clarity that makes it really enjoyable to work with.

Thank you for your kind words: very much appreciated.

One word : timing
Max timing relies on it's scheduler and when it's not set to overdrive it's timing is like a drunk badger when you're tinkering with some gui e elements , especially noticeable when doing straight 16 th notes .
Max for live has al these turned on and is one of the reasons why it's so cpu heavy ( scheduler is to to overdrive is set, small vector size , audio interrupt enabled etcc.
Workaround is using msp phasor~ , edge~ as a clock source etc..all in all a lot of work to get solid timing
Architect 's timing out of the box is just rock solid from the get go
I only wish that architect's s gui elements are a bit more refined and the ability to draw segmented patch cords from the get go
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Having segmented chords as an (optional) default is possible in 0.11, you'll be pleased to hear.

Hey Colin and everyone else using Architect!

Not sure this is the best place to post this but..

I just bought this a few weeks back and only really got stuck in with it yesterday and worked my way through the quick start pdf. I'm completely hooked! my issue is that I have no background in anything that I can relate to the methods used here as I've pretty much only used hardware sequencers in the past. If anyone has any resources that'd translate to a better understanding of how to build things within this program or any suggestions on how I move forward from here, I'd be really grateful!

I plan to learn to program Lua as I could see myself really enjoying that aspect of Architect, would the thinking involved in writing scripts in Lua carry over to the ways I'd think to arrange objects within Architect?

I'm planning on selling my hardware sequencer as I don't see myself using any more time on it but I will miss a tactile interface.. Anyone have any suggestions for a hardware controller that'd work well with this program? if I could find something that'd allow me to physically program the step sequencers within Architect, I'd be over the moon!

Thanks Colin for creating this program, I can tell it's a labour of love and I'll be sure to spread the word :)

So how is development going ?
Are you safe and well ? :tu:
Eyeball exchanging

Yes, I'm doing fine thank you, keeping safe and well, and development is still proceeding at a steady (albeit slower than I'd like) pace. Hope you all are keeping well too?

yes all good , haven't spend much time in architect lately , so no bug reports :)
Eyeball exchanging

Got Architect and hope to play with it soon.

Question: Will any Reason Rack Players will be worth getting?
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... ote-player

And in general which midi plugins duplicate the Modules that are included in Architect?

I can't answer that as I haven't really used enough Reason to say (but thanks anyway for the link because seeing some of those devices have given me ideas for Architect devices!)

NM

When I try to record drum midi pattern it records notes one after each without gaps. I mean I can't skip a few hits to make a gap in rhythm. Is it possible to record midi like in a regular DAW?

Return to “Loomer”