Loomer Architect: A modular MIDI toolkit

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Also - how big is the footprint when hosted? Is it practical to run small Architect processes on each track of a DAW (in my case Reaper) or is some other sort of workflow more efficient / natural to Architect?
what you don't know only makes you stronger

n/m
Last edited by dark water on Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colin that is an amazing achievement. Congratulations.

Will this run inside Audio Mulch and follow its tempo clock? If yes then that changes everything!

What significantly distinguishes this as an improvement over Max For Live?

:hyper:

Wow, hurray! Merry Xmas!! SO excited to get this, thank you!!

Available as an AU MIDI-FX for Logic!?? Can it (gasp) HOST AU MIDI-FX by any chance!?

What high level generative devices have been completed?

Does this support AUv3 MIDI out?

Can the pitch CV signal be auto calibrated for external hardware synths?

fantastic Colin

dave

carfian wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:37 am Does this support AUv3 MIDI out?
Does ANYthing support that yet?

What's the CPU hit like Colin whilst in purely midi generating mode (rather than hosting plugins) ?

nilhartman wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:19 amCould you show us a screenshor of how it can also behave like a tracker please ?
I'm afraid the text-based sequencing support had to be bumped for now: it had some conceptual problems that I just wasn't happy with, and I'd rather have it done right than have it just done to list a feature. I know that's likely disappointing for you as you did specifically ask for this, but how about this as a compromise: I'll extend the early-bird discount available to you until the tracker stuff is back in properly, which'll likely be v1.1 or v1.2.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

woggle wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:23 am Also - how big is the footprint when hosted? Is it practical to run small Architect processes on each track of a DAW (in my case Reaper) or is some other sort of workflow more efficient / natural to Architect?
Pretty small. I think my last tests put it at around under 40mb per-instance, and a significant chunk of that is the memory pool that the VM uses so it won't grow any larger. It's pretty lightweight, all in all, so you're good to host one on each track.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

pinki wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:19 am Colin that is an amazing achievement. Congratulations. Will this run inside Audio Mulch and follow its tempo clock? If yes then that changes everything!
I can't speak for AudioMulch specifically, but it does follow host's tempo and signature meters in general.

David wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:20 am Available as an AU MIDI-FX for Logic!??
It was up until a few builds ago when something broke AU MIDI-FX on Mojave. I can't guarantee I'll have time to work out what caused this regression - particularly weird as older builds work fine and newer ones work fine on pre-Mojave OSs - before the first public reason, but it will be back very shortly.

lnikj wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:43 am What's the CPU hit like Colin whilst in purely midi generating mode (rather than hosting plugins) ?
Tiny. The big sequencing modules are the most CPU intensive, and on a fairly low spec machine each sequencer used under 0.04% (and I do mean 0.04%, not 4%!)

Return to “Loomer”