Loomer Architect: A modular MIDI toolkit

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is this still in beta?
Are there presets available to demo yet?

Just me or is the blog down?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Skorobgatko wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:55 pm When I try to record drum midi pattern it records notes one after each without gaps. I mean I can't skip a few hits to make a gap in rhythm. Is it possible to record midi like in a regular DAW?
At the moment, no, as only step recording is possible. But proper 'real-time' recording is on the roadmap.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:46 pm Just me or is the blog down?
No, you are right. Not sure what happened there, but I had some server downtime last week with my host, so I'll investigate.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Is this still in beta?
Still beta, version 0.11 is due, which will be the first version with library examples. After that, version 1.0 will mark the point of it officially being out of beta.

Woohoo :)

colin@loomer wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:06 pm
Is this still in beta?
Still beta, version 0.11 is due, which will be the first version with library examples. After that, version 1.0 will mark the point of it officially being out of beta.
Great news!

colin@loomer wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:04 pm
Skorobgatko wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:55 pm When I try to record drum midi pattern it records notes one after each without gaps. I mean I can't skip a few hits to make a gap in rhythm. Is it possible to record midi like in a regular DAW?
At the moment, no, as only step recording is possible. But proper 'real-time' recording is on the roadmap.
Hmmm , not entirely true , you can connect the step out to the record write index , works over here
altough the resolution is dependent on the sequencer speed
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Hello, I discovered with some interest Loomer Architect, but user of Computer Assisted Composition software, "Open Music" from Ircam, and especially Opusmodus (only on Mac), I wonder what could I do bring Loomer Architect compared to "Opusmodus" which offers me an environment allowing me to perform all the midi operations I want with the added bonus of the pianoroll and a powerful score editor sending all the midi parts into the Daw of your choice (Live, Bitwig, Reaper, Studio One, etc.) to play them with virtual plugins (VST2 and VST3, AU...) and hardware material ?
https://opusmodus.com/
Ne pas oublier les chemins de Traverse

A graphical representatin of the routing
hosting vst's
Low level modules etc ...
I have no experience with opuse modus , but architect is fantastic for live stuff
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:52 pm A graphical representatin of the routing
hosting vst's
Low level modules etc ...
I have no experience with opuse modus , but architect is fantastic for live stuff
Plus it is a VST plugin itself.
So integration, timing and automation is superior to any standalone software and other midi generation and processing VSTs can be integrated. All within a single recallable environment whether as a VST host or a VST plugin.

Approaching 2 years of beta !
Eyeball exchanging

Greetings, everyone.

I have a Monome Norns Shield on the way, which loads and runs Lua scripts. Can I export anything I create in Loomer Architect as a Lua script?

You can export Lua scripts directly from any Lua module (albeit just by copying the source), but other modules cannot (currently) be exported as Lua.

Hi, sorry for trivial q, but I kind of hurry on this)): How the export Sequencer to midi file (that can be loaded in DAW)?
I think it should be done with "write to MIDI pool", but I could not get it work.
I suppose that midi file will be than located in MIDI files Tab, but how do I get it there?

Add q: Is there poly-arpeggiator?
If not anybody made it or wanted to make it? :phones:

Thxn anyone for answer.
Last edited by Obsolete485692 on Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Loomer”