Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Colin , give us a sign of life please .
Eyeball exchanging

I hear you, working hard as per usual on getting the update done. I've been musing over the general consensus of calling the next release 1.0 rather than 0.11, and thereby officially being "out of beta". I think it make sense,s as the-version-formerly-known-as-0.11 is feature complete in terms of what I want for a release: I will hence proceed with that versioning approach instead!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

So good!

I would prefer to see V 0.11 now with presets and manual and all the new features and fixes and later see V 1.0.
Just my opinion.
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I hear ya, Kalamata, and I will try my upmost to get these to you as soon as is feasible!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

hi
a wonderful software but I can't make the velocity in the buildin sequencers to work with plugins..
there is nothing, always 127.
do I miss something or is this a bug?

If it is a bug, it's not one I'm aware of (but that isn't to say it isn't!) You should be able to set the velocity with the velocity row of a built-in sequencer, which I'm sure you've worked out already. Could you send me your patch or a screenshot, either via PM or to colin (at) loomer.co.uk, and I'll see if I can work out what is going wrong.

I for one am happy to wait, I know you've had a rough couple of years through covid / post covid and I can relate to that...must've been tough trying to keep the project moving along!

C’mon
Eyeball exchanging

Can start/stop sync to DAW? So if I don’t run Architect as an insert within the DAW but rather the application itself in parallel with the DAW. Can I sync start/stop and bar positions between DAW and Architect and if yes how please?

You can use the MIDI clock in the options under "Synchronization". This relies on your other host being able to generate MIDI clock events, and you having some kind of MIDI loopback that can route MIDI between applications.

What platform and host are you using? If it's one I know well, I may be able to help. I know on macOS you can use the "IAC Driver" for sending MIDI between apps; its timing can be a little flaky, but Architect tries to smooth out any rough edges from external MIDI clocks where it can.

It’s Pro Tools on macOS Ventura.

I’m familiar with the IAC Driver. But now that you mention the flaky timing… That’s the reason I didn’t want to use it as an insert within the DAW. For some reason I thought midi timing would be more accurate if I run Architect on it’s own. Nothing sends midi so accurately out to my synths as Architect, software wise. But if the IAC Driver affect the timing than perhaps I was wrong and I’m better of using Architect as a plugin.

So , let's talk about architect 1.0 ..........
Eyeball exchanging

Return to “Loomer”