Your fave MIDI fx, arp, mapper, mangler, generator, chorder, controller, utility. VST or MFX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks but really not looking to do my own coding. Just looking for a plug-in that lets you assign a CC number to the random button! I find it strange that there don’t appear to be any.

But the main problem is to understand your signal.
The problem dont know your interests and way back.
So I like to know what happening to my signals...

Current favourite is this module inside the VCV Rack Pro plugin, it works kind of like the Vermona Melodicer hardware sequencer in that you pick the odds of each note cropping up.
Midi Madness 3 will also do this, but the massive pitfall is it doesn’t generate on the fly, you have to click to build the sequence.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

SHall1000 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:27 pm Can you automate the random function on Riffer? I’ve been looking for random midi generators where the random function can be triggered externally without success. Does anybody know of a generator that will do this?
Ask Colin on this thread viewtopic.php?t=517104&start=255 if something similar to Riffer can do it or do a Feature Request.

Riffer allows for this

SHall1000 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:41 pm Thanks but really not looking to do my own coding. Just looking for a plug-in that lets you assign a CC number to the random button! I find it strange that there don’t appear to be any.
Riffer, very easy

SHall1000 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:27 pm Can you automate the random function on Riffer? I’ve been looking for random midi generators where the random function can be triggered externally without success. Does anybody know of a generator that will do this?
Yes. You can put Riffer into Learn mode and assign a button to "The Big Dice", as well as many other parameters.

Follow-up on WA Production Chords/Notes Pro. IMO nothing unique, and really pretty limited functions. The circular interface caught my eye (a la HY Plugins), but I didn't find it any faster or more intuitive than a linear piano-roll.
Too many DAWs and plug-ins

harvest can do this by automating the host parameter labelled "parameter 5" (note that it's not mac m1 compatible, in case that's an issue for you) https://harvestplugins.com/harvest/

Been dipping into this monster thread, what I'm looking for is a MIDi sequencer that's very suitable for percussion, that could throw in a few random variations on a sequence (that is, not totally randomised or re-rolled each time, just adding subtle variations on a theme kind of) ...anything recommendable which would fit that bill please ?

hotmitts wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:38 am Been dipping into this monster thread, what I'm looking for is a MIDi sequencer that's very suitable for percussion, that could throw in a few random variations on a sequence (that is, not totally randomised or re-rolled each time, just adding subtle variations on a theme kind of) ...anything recommendable which would fit that bill please ?
HY RPE2 is an 8 track grid or Euclidean sequencer with some very nice randomisation options and iirc a probability option per step.

There is a free version available limited to 3 grid lines.

https://hy-plugins.com/product/hy-rpewin-mac/
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

Halma wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:49 pm
hotmitts wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:38 am Been dipping into this monster thread, what I'm looking for is a MIDi sequencer that's very suitable for percussion, that could throw in a few random variations on a sequence (that is, not totally randomised or re-rolled each time, just adding subtle variations on a theme kind of) ...anything recommendable which would fit that bill please ?
HY RPE2 is an 8 track grid or Euclidean sequencer with some very nice randomisation options and iirc a probability option per step.

There is a free version available limited to 3 grid lines.

https://hy-plugins.com/product/hy-rpewin-mac/
thank you ! i'll check it out

Also take a look at Playbeat 3 from AudioModern. https://audiomodern.com/shop/plugins/playbeat-3/

It has built-in samples, simple editor, and does MIDI. They have an AI feature that can change tracks with a "smarter than random" tilt. Pretty neat. Plugin Boutique I think is offering a cut-down free version, but I don't know the limitations. I only have used the full.
<correction - the PB "Lite" version is free -with purchase-
Last edited by BluesMuse on Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:51 pm Midi Madness 3 will also do this, but the massive pitfall is it doesn’t generate on the fly, you have to click to build the sequence.
In Bitwig I just modulate the generate button. I do it all the time. You can generate new stuff while it’s playing, you don’t have to stop.

https://www.audiofier.com/product/pragmabeat/

Return to “Effects”