100 single-frame UHM waveforms for Hive

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for sharing these. I thought that I wouldn't mess with scripting, but with what you've shared here, I just might try some simple things.

drzhnn wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:45 pm The only thing that stopped me from sharing it initially, was that I didn't want to spread bad coding practices :oops: But now when you asked... IT'S YOUR FAULT! :hihi:
Hey, there are no bad coding practices, only opportunities for future git pull requests. :hihi:

Thank you very much for sharing this, I'm a big fan of Python's rapid prototyping and string manipulation that doesn't quickly devolve into line-noise (glances at Perl).

I'll upload this to the PatchLib as part of the original .zip with a readme. :)
Feel free to call me Brian.

These are great, thanks! I created an all-waves-in-one uhm for myself, but if it's OK with you drzhn, I can drop in a link to the file for others to use as well!
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:01 pm These are great, thanks! I created an all-waves-in-one uhm for myself, but if it's OK with you drzhn, I can drop in a link to the file for others to use as well!
Reread that first post, he released these exactly in the hopes that people would share their creations. You're fully encouraged by drzhnn to share.

PieBerger wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:01 pm These are great, thanks! I created an all-waves-in-one uhm for myself, but if it's OK with you drzhn, I can drop in a link to the file for others to use as well!
Of course it's OK! Please share!

drzhnn wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:13 pm
Of course it's OK! Please share!
Great :) I just dived straight into the "how to" guides, so I didn't catch the 'use these as you want/share you results part'!

So it's nothing special, I just made use of the "Import" command to create a 100 frame wavetable script, with each of the single cycle subscripts as a discrete frame. For simplicity's sake, they're just in alphabetical order Wave 001 thru Wave 100. Some other time, I would like to go through them and try to create further more usable subscripts. For now however, it's possible to get good results by making use of the WT engine's 2-D scanning function. By setting Multitable to a high value (8 or above for best results imo),the scanning is confined to a smaller subset of waveforms and thus the changes are less drastic/unnatural and arguably more "musical", when sweeping the Pos knob, as anyone in their right might ought to be doing in a wavetable synth :)

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code ... UecLfKdGC7
Always Read the Manual!

We should make a contest... find two files to import which make for a great 200 frame morph interpolation...

Cool idea! The only rule is: if result is not great, the contestant must take a drink of vodka and try again. Me no drinkey, so I'll be a referee. Game on!!! :lol:

Russian, not drinking. I call bullshit :)

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:54 pm Russian, not drinking. I call bullshit :)
When I feel like acting weird and saying crazy things to others, I just do it while being sober. I found this to be more vivid and intense experience. More edgy, if you know what I mean :hihi:

Heheh. There's something in that, for sure. :P

drzhnn wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:00 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:54 pm Russian, not drinking. I call bullshit :)
When I feel like acting weird and saying crazy things to others, I just do it while being sober. I found this to be more vivid and intense experience. More edgy, if you know what I mean :hihi:
When I stopped drinking all my friends had more or less the same response, "we thought it was the alcohol, but now we know you're just kind of an asshole!" :hihi:

Thank you thank you Doctor Zeyus!
https://github.com/drzhnn/uhm-syntax-highlight
I just found this UHM Syntax GIT HUB :clap: :party: seconds before searching old posts here on KVR — and thanks also for the tasty tidbit at bottom — I noticed the 'Export to Wav' command at the bottom of one of Plugmons beautifully commented 8Bit Anthem scripts but didn't really get it :idea: 'til reading your post …super cool(!)

I'm loving the Sublime Text app that The PLUG MON recommended- but will check out and compare whatever BBEdit looks like in 2022. vs. the CompuServe era (yes that's probably an exaggeration) way back whenever… I think I bought it even though tbh though it was very full featured even in the Free version, for all I was doing with it :hihi:
drzhnn wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:32 am I've been experimenting with UHM lately and ended up writing a python script that generates UHM scripts from a predefined template.
----- (OMITTED see Page 1 of this thread viewtopic.php?t=517197)
After reloading the script in Hive, a new WAV version of your wavetable will be created in the same folder, which you can then use, move around, share with friends or just keep to yourself and be like that guy who created a lot of wavetables and didn't tell anyone, cause it's like his secret weapon now or something. Seriously though, don't be that guy, share cool stuff with others. Almost everybody wins in that scenario.
:party:

Just a friendly reminder for those who prefer VS Code: there's a similar UHM syntax highlighter by qdwang. Also available on GitHub.

Return to “u-he”