Architect beta for macOS, Windows, and Linux. 0.10.5 now available

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Awesome. Direct editing and step probability are my favourites too, but all of this looks good.
Will probably get back to Architect more once the library is in place.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

Amazing update :tu: :tu:
Colin , is a per step delay still coming ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Feature request: double-clicking the Stop button should reset the transport to mirror most DAW behaviors.

I've been spending a lot of time with the new update. This is a damn good piece of engineering. Seriously, how cool is it that this boots up practically instantly? As a programmer, this reminds me of Sublime Text in that regard. Also, zero crashes, despite throwing the kitchen sink at some of these patches.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:59 pm Amazing update :tu: :tu:
Colin , is a per step delay still coming ?
Yes. It was really a choice between finishing that or probability this release, and more people had asked for probability.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

A tiny point of criticism , the red lettering for the search index is eye piercing .
Maybe a user defined colour option would be great
Eyeball exchanging

thelizard wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:06 pm Feature request: double-clicking the Stop button should reset the transport to mirror most DAW behaviors.
Easily done, so I'll do it!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:19 pm A tiny point of criticism , the red lettering for the search index is eye piercing .
Maybe a user defined colour option would be great
I personally find it easy on the eye, but if the consensus is the colour should change, then I can look to other choices.

A suggestion for clips in the arrange page
When clicking on a clip in the arrange page , a dropdown appears to select a pattern ( like in studio one )
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:34 pm A suggestion for clips in the arrange page
When clicking on a clip in the arrange page , a dropdown appears to select a pattern
Yes, that's a sensible idea: I realise now it's currently a bit of a pain to swap patterns, as you need to delete the old one, insert the new one, and perhaps then resize it. This could definitely be streamlined.

This works as pictured, but if I manually rename the midi file in the pool (and change the data value also) then the midi does not play. It will only play if I merge or split the midi file, which renames the file in the pool. The new auto-generated name is the only one that works.

Also, why can't I drag the midi file name from the pool to the data object or value field directly? Is there any use for clicking and dragging a file object from the pool?

jcgam wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:44 am This works as pictured, but if I manually rename the midi file in the pool (and change the data value also) then the midi does not play. It will only play if I merge or split the midi file, which renames the file in the pool. The new auto-generated name is the only one that works.
Could you send me (PM, upload, or email) this preset to me, and I'll take a look.

EDIT: Actually, don't worry. I've duplicated this issue for myself and know what's causing it. I'll have it fixed in the next release.
Also, why can't I drag the midi file name from the pool to the data object or value field directly? Is there any use for clicking and dragging a file object from the pool?
You can drag the MIDI files to the desktop to export them, or into another host, or into plug-ins that support drag and drag.

Dragging to the data module to insert the name, though: good idea. I'll add it to the list.

Bit of a regression in the last public release, in that I broke copy and paste for step data in the mono and poly sequencers. So if anyone is wondering why it isn't working, and thinking that they're doing something wrong: you're not, but I did.

It's fixed internally for the next release.

Went to the site to order and see Architect $140.00
is there a -25% intro discount at checkout?

I think the discount is already applied, but you will need to factor in VAT, if applicable, and currency conversion.

"During the beta phase, Architect will be available at a discounted "early-bird" price, 25% off the standard price of £140 + VAT. You can purchase Architect directly from us here. https://sites.fastspring.com/loomer/product/architect This shows $140.

For a US buyer seem to me that the Architect standard price is £140 or $140. Then subtract the 25%. Somewhere I believe it asks for a coupon code (for the -25%?) but I have none. https://sites.fastspring.com/loomer/order/contents

Currently £140 = about $180. Then the $180 -25% = $135. Or is is $140 - 25% = $105?

Sorry a bit confused.

Return to “Loomer”