Architect beta for macOS, Windows, and Linux. 0.10.5 now available

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

colin@loomer wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:45 pm I'm sorry you feel like. I am working hard on getting the next release out: it contains well 100 fixes and features, and covers a significant portion of the requested changes since the first beta release. I'm hoping on the 0.11 release being a lot quicker out of the gate; and after that, v1.0.
Apologies.
Ive developed toothache which has made me extra tetchy.
Plus Im a cock anyway.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

colin@loomer wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:08 am
David wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:47 pm (I hope this is the right place for questions like this…)
How to turn off the Mapping mode when running inside Live? The key command (Command M) is the same as for mapping in Live and that's all it does; Architect doesn't respond to it. Is there some other way to turn it off?
You can either use the button on the toolbar to the top-right of the interface, or redefine the keyboard shortcut in the options. I did try to make keyboard shortcuts as host agnostic as possible, but with so many hosts and operating systems (and versions of each), the list of guaranteed no-clashers is a short list indeed!
Ah, thank you! btw, I tried to change the key command while open in Live, but the panel for that wouldn't accept key strokes, just mouse clicks.

Thanks also for the screen grab on recording to the MIDI pool!

David wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:33 pm I tried to change the key command while open in Live, but the panel for that wouldn't accept key strokes, just mouse clicks.
Well that's a stinker. What OS and version of Live are you on?

(As a workaround, maybe run the standalone version and define your shortcuts in that. The shortcuts are shared between the standalone and plug-in versions.)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Well that's a stinker. What OS and version of Live are you on?
OSX 10.12.6, Live 10.1.13

David wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:07 pm OSX 10.12.6, Live 10.1.13
Superb, thanks. I think I have a test machine with that exact setup, so I will take a look this weekend and look into squeezing a fix for this into the next release.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Hi Colin,

After Architect 0.10.3 will be 0.11 and then version 1.0?
Is there a time line for this?
Getting very close to buying Architect and certainly would get it while the intro price is offered!

Kalamata Kid wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:31 pm Hi Colin,

After Architect 0.10.3 will be 0.11 and then version 1.0?
Getting very close to buying Architect and certainly would get it while the intro price is offered!
That's the plan. I will make very clear when the intro pricing is up, so no fear that you'll miss it. In fact, I can PM you personally, if that'd help?

Yea, Colin a personal reminder will be great if I am not imposing.

Is there a timeline. Yes I know that I should not rely on them.

I'd love to see a quick tutorial on using the Play and Timeline features/tabs. Or maybe a saved/loadable example of them in use?

Thanks!

Of course, David. I'll endeavour to rustle you up a guide tomorrow (and answer your other email queries, too.)

Colin, you set the bar pretty high for responsive devs:) Thank a million!

David wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:34 pm I'd love to see a quick tutorial on using the Play and Timeline features/tabs. Or maybe a saved/loadable example of them in use?
Both of these tabs are closely linked with a sequencer's Transport > Conduct setting. The conduct specifies from exactly where pattern change information will come. The simplest case is auto, and when auto is selected, a sequencer will automatically begin playing the current pattern, starting at the beat specified in in the Auto/Play Quantize value. This is for cases where you just have a single pattern that the sequencer should repeat. Sequencers created in the graph will, by default, have their conduct set to auto.

With conduct set to play, a sequencer can be played "live" by pressing the play buttons in their pattern windows (on the left of the sequencer UI), or by the same play buttons in the Play window. These buttons only appear when a sequencer is in play mode. Sequencers created in the Play window will by default have their conduct set to Play. You can group patterns from multiple sequencers together in a scene, which are shown as tabs along the top of the Play UI. For example, you may have a grid seq ('drums') with several drums pattern, and a mono seq ('bass') with some bass riffs. You may then create an 'intro' scene, and set it to, say, pattern 1 of drums and pattern 3 of bass. Then a 'verse' scene, with pattern 2 and pattern 1. You can then trigger all these pattern changes across all the sequencers at once with the scene controls. (Play buttons per pattern and per scene can also be mapped to controllers such as the computer keyboard, or MIDI devices, etc). Finally, you can also set a cell in the Play grid to either stop, in which case the pattern will stop when the scene is launched; continue, in which case the currently playing pattern will continue from where it was, or restart, which will restart the currently playing pattern.

Setting conduct to timeline allows a sequencer to be controlled by an arrangement in the timeline. You can drag patterns in from a sequencer's pattern window, copy, paste, resize them, as per a standard DAW arranger window. A sequencer created in the timeline window will automatically have its conduct set to timeline. The timeline also allows your to create automation curves, which can then be assigned to any parameter than acts as a modulation destination (ie, most of them.)

(There is also a forth conduct mode, modulation, which allows you to trigger a sequencer's pattern from the module inlets. This is used, for example, to have say an Aux sequencer's numeric output correspond to patterns to play.)

Would this be clearer if I created you an annotated patch that demonstrated all these modes?

^^^Thanks! Just saw this as I prepared another question post; will study this next!

New question:

How to play a MIDI File? I got this far:

Don't see how to provide the file input.

Related question:

Is it possible to import a MIDI file or any MIDI data from outside Architect into a mono or poly sequencer? Paste after copying from the DAW piano roll didn't work; long shot, I suppose.

colin@loomer wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 4:09 pm
David wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:34 pm I'd love to see a quick tutorial on using the Play and Timeline features/tabs. Or maybe a saved/loadable example of them in use?
Both of these tabs are closely linked with a sequencer's Transport > Conduct setting. ……
……

Would this be clearer if I created you an annotated patch that demonstrated all these modes?
Sorry to say so, but, yes, definitely!
There's simply too many points in each text step where I'm unsure of what exactly you're referring to.

(There is also a forth conduct mode, modulation, which allows you to trigger a sequencer's pattern from the module inlets. This is used, for example, to have say an Aux sequencer's numeric output correspond to patterns to play.)
Whoa—those Aux things! I saw somewhere a ref to having one sequence modulate another one using one of those—A particularly fascinating bafflement:)

Return to “Loomer”