vurt - revelation of the method (dark, synthy, helicopter ride through the inner recesses of a mind in chaos)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My Feedback (Vurt Scale)

Weirdness Factor - 8.5
Noises/Sounds - 10
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 9

Overall - 9.25

Comments: Lot of low end going on in this one. Every time you fire up this system it sounds different. You can't possibly have that many modules. LOL. Anyway, your stuff is sounding more musical than when I first started listening to it. Maybe I'm developing an ear for it or you're getting more "commercial". Anyway, really captivated me. Just wish it was longer.

OT, I got the PSP and Vult packs for VM today. Way cool. All that's missing is the real knobs, sliders and patch cables.

In the meantime, I'm working on a song now for like 6 days and not even close to being done with it. This new me is a strange animal but I'm enjoying the attention to detail.

i can hear this being the 20 minute intro to the 12" extended version of "i ran" by A Flock of Seagulls!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

wagtunes wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:20 am My Feedback (Vurt Scale)

Weirdness Factor - 8.5

Maybe you're getting more "commercial"

Sound like vurt. Just like we know vurt. Just like we like it.

Well done. Another 9 on the vurt scale.

it's not really all that commercial-sounding is it

Weirdness Factor - 8.5
Noises/Sounds - 10
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 9

Overall - 9.25

Comments: Lot of low end going on in this one. Every time you fire up this system it sounds different. You can't possibly have that many modules. LOL. Anyway, your stuff is sounding more musical than when I first started listening to it. Maybe I'm developing an ear for it or you're getting more "commercial". Anyway, really captivated me. Just wish it was longer.
not that many modules, i haven't added any since the ones i won in the charity auction.

this is a single oscillator, using the sine and a sub oct out, both in to separate filters, with different timing for modulation on those.
those two outputs then sum in to one, which is fed in to vcas, one fast lfo, that changes speed and one long slow lfo.
this is then fed to a final wasp filter with a slow as possible lfo on the freq.
then the delay :)

that's the second time you've said things are too short!
be careful for what you wish :hihi:
OT, I got the PSP and Vult packs for VM today. Way cool. All that's missing is the real knobs, sliders and patch cables.
nice, i look forward to hearing you get to grips with it :tu:

In the meantime, I'm working on a song now for like 6 days and not even close to being done with it. This new me is a strange animal but I'm enjoying the attention to detail.
well, so long as youre enjoying both the outcome and the process, then its all good :D

layzer wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:11 am i can hear this being the 20 minute intro to the 12" extended version of "i ran" by A Flock of Seagulls!
:lol:

even all these years later, that one key press, makes me laugh every time in the video :hihi:

jancivil wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:19 am

Weirdness Factor - 8.5

Maybe you're getting more "commercial"
ill see your beans and raise you...

Sepheritoh wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:57 am Sound like vurt. Just like we know vurt. Just like we like it.

Well done. Another 9 on the vurt scale.

jancivil wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:14 am it's not really all that commercial-sounding is it
well, not unless that world has changed since last time i visited. im certainly not hearing this when im stuck in the queue at the supermarket :cry:

vurt wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:09 pm
well, not unless that world has changed since last time i visited. im certainly not hearing this when im stuck in the queue at the supermarket :cry:
Cool track. I don't hear any commercial sounding music :D

If they played this in a supermarket people would drop their apples and run outside and look for aliens :borg:

smd12 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:54 am
vurt wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:09 pm
Cool track. I don't hear any commercial sounding music :D

If they played this in a supermarket people would drop their apples and run outside and look for aliens :borg:
:hihi: thanks.
glad you liked

ill check your new one later when im at the pc :tu:

I for one welcome our new robotic helicopter overlords with open arms.

vurt wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:05 pm
layzer wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:11 am i can hear this being the 20 minute intro to the 12" extended version of "i ran" by A Flock of Seagulls!
:lol:

even all these years later, that one key press, makes me laugh every time in the video :hihi:
ikr? not even a wavestation one key press, yet.... the complexity of the sound is mind blowing!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Music Cafe”