Architect: Does anyone have a * macro/script

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The grid will automatically resize cells depending on the physical size of the grid and the numbers of rows and columns. For example, putting both to 32, and then updating the Lua script so that it generates 1024 (which is 32 x 32) booleans instead gives this effect:

One sticking point here is that the grid is limited to 32 columns and 32 rows. I have no idea why I limited it to this particular size - I guess I just picked a reasonable sounding limit. To produce a 100 x 100 image, you'd need to do some sneakiness with multiple grids, and then route each portion to the correct grid. Well, I like a challenge, so if you want a demo of *that*, just ask and I'll see what I can do!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Thank you for this information! The original LED screen I was working with is apparently 128 x 64 pixels, so if it is possible to work with that as a baseline, I would really appreciate it!

Perfect: as that's a multiple of 32 x 32 I should be able to "fake it" quite easily. Leave it with me...
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Very much appreciated!!

Just a basic Idea of a Microtuning Mono Preset
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Polomo123 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:09 pm Just a basic Idea of a Microtuning Mono Preset
Awesome, but am I doing smth wrong: isn´t PB here works only on the start?
I think for PB it should not be issue to work continuously and do f. e. glide.

Composing with natural log used in microtunning
Advanced Curves are useful, but two samples bellow show using two different log fnction for two repeating parts in each first two bars of Bach first Prelude:
12*ln(x)/ln2 (on second octave rise to 3 octave)
24*ln(x)/ln3 (second octave stays the same, but in the middle u will be above 15. step of normal scale etc. (see pic - so between 12 - 15 step you can either let ln continue, or use ln24.. or simply add it above: use normal scale ... or use 36*ln(x)/ln4[/i] etc)
In classical music u (mostly because of overtones, but also instrument tuning) add this function (or just multiply 1.05946..), but in DAWs there is no reason why u should not use combinations of other lns.

One can further combine 24*(ln(x)/0.693), w/ 24*(ln(x)/1.099) ... and will start to see the pattern..

Ln continues: http://d-evil.euweb.cz/files/Cloudia-Prelude3.mp3
Standard scale: http://d-evil.euweb.cz/doc/Prelude-o.mp3
(sound is just for illustration tough - there is no work on it)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Sevantos on Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

"Awesome, but am I doing smth wrong: isn´t PB here works only on the start?"

Yes atm not
maybe I should call it very basic :wink:

tom plese wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:12 pm Btw, made decent progress with the Olafur Arnalds inspired tool..let's say arpeggiator.
In fact it is a multi note parallel note delay with control over division(including unorthodox divisions such as 1/5 etc), trigger probability, division random oscillation, octave range, and 2 velocity modes: a random and a hairpin one.
It responds to both your velocity and pitch and sends randomized repeats for the first x voices (4 voice version in this video but adding more is trivial) to a combination of midi channels 1-3 with random selection between 2 and 3 being the default.

tldr- you play a note and random repeats of octave shifted note bounce between left and right channels.

There are a lot of tweaks to be done so if anyone wants to help me test it before I paste it here, it would be greatly appreciated.

https://youtu.be/npqK3IKibtk

never mind the random stabbing of the Push that's meant to be "playing" or the lack of sound design, this was all i had time for right now.
Did this patch ever get posted here?

nobody volunteered for the testing so i abandoned the project.
a fellow member asked me about it a few months ago and i totally forgot about it-sorry mate!

i started putting it back together yesterday, if all goes well i'll finish over the weekend

Fantastic! Thank you very much!!

bharris22 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:35 pm Fantastic! Thank you very much!!
im sorry but im not able to make it work as intended again. i spent a few hours over the weekend and i realized i have to build it again from the start because i can't remember what any of the mess i made back then does, not what i changed to make it not work as intended in the first place.
I started doing it again-with a better, less confusing layout- but i do not really have time for that right now. There are also some features i'd like to include when building it again that will make it even more time consuming.
If i find the time to complete it, i'll PM you or just post it here.

OK - thank you! I appreciate your efforts.

AZZIN wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:11 pm Hello, attached to this post there is a port of the Musinum algorithm - download at https://sites.google.com/site/albertozin/Home
Based on https://reglos.de/musinum/ - developed by L. Kindermann..
Suggestions, feedback, error reports are welcome.

Have fun,

https://soundcloud.com/albertoz/praelude-for-a-robot
I am checking it out now again and it is more fun to use than its PD counterpart – and w/ bit of modulation this is very nice from musical ambientish stand point and cool that you can export midi and adjust it as desired even tough u do not have much idea what is happening under the hood (as I do).
But I am quite curious – and I forbid AZZIN to reply (if he would accidently wanted to)): he already shared so much on his website and it is common in this realm that manual is in basic manners.

So if others are using it and try to get to some more predictable patterns: I see that Step value is limited to 1000, does that mean, that u cannot cross 10 bits (in base2) – hence sum of digits cannot exceed 10 – so u have 10 halfstep range?
And one bonus, why does it not always start on same note with same setting (and 0 probability)? – this really make harder to find out what is happening..
Also I am trying to figure out how to mix over the top with some midi - any idea there (this should be pretty simple so I will figure it by myself anyway, just would save me some headaches))

Return to “Loomer”