Post Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:17 am

v3.63 maintenance update available.
  • CPU SSSE3 support is not required for this version
  • Fixed: some longer chord names like Cmaj7sus2 were not displayed correctly
  • Fixed Melody Generator behavior in Idea Tool
  • Fixed: missing notes at MIDI Import
  • Fixed race condition when reloading phrases
  • Fixed: bass preview VST instrument state was not loaded
................................................................................................................................

v3.62 maintenance update available.
  • Faster and better quality font rendering, improved typography. As a result the UI became snappier and more esthetic.
  • Auto-Apply option added in the phrase inspector
  • Displaying passing chords in Quick Suggestions
  • New setting: 'Default Master Track Height'
  • New settings: UI and chord fonts, text styles for chord names
  • New variation: 'Show/Hide Non-existent Chord Notes'
  • Typing numbers instead of roman numerals (e.g. 3m as IIIm) is possible when entering chords from the computer keyboard
  • Phrase preview is stopped in the phrase inspector when playback starts
  • Fixed a crashing bug when dropping chord progressions
  • Fixed: 'generate' button disappeared for master track in the idea tool in v3.6
  • [macOS] Fixed a crash during quitting when browser windows were open
................................................................................................................................

v3.61 maintenance update available.
  • 'Convert To Phrase Generator' includes 'Piano Chord Pattern Generator' and 'Strum Pattern Generator'
  • Fixed: when dropping MIDI with the Ctrl key held down, the dropped MIDI was deleted
  • Fixed: phrase preview is turned off when selecting another phrase or loading another composition
  • Fixed: chord progressions could not be selected in the list in the Idea Tool
  • Fixed: fixed occasional hanging when dropping MIDI into the composition
  • [macOS] fixed hanging when loading VSTi plug-ins

You can download the update by using the download links sent to you in e-mail, or by clicking on "Check For Updates" under the Support tab from within RapidComposer.
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions

BluGenes
KVRist
388 posts since 15 May, 2017

Re: Latest update: v3.62 (January 7, 2019)

Post Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:27 am

yes.. please get this version update everyone! Working on a tutorial video that showcases RC and some of the things I mention won't work until you update to this version! Thanks!

And thank you Attila!

thebutler
KVRist
129 posts since 9 Oct, 2013 from uk

Post Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:27 am

Good work Attila.!

This should have its own separate thread though - confusing seeing all the (now redundant) comments referring to v3.61 still there. Don't you think..? :wink:
Win10 64bit; Core i7; 16Gb RAM; NVIDIA GTX750Ti graphics; 2x Asus 22" HD LCD. Yamaha UR44 audio/MIDI; Yamaha HS80 and Equator Audio Research D5 monitoring.
Cubase Pro v10.0.10; Wavelab Pro v9.5.40; Studio One v3.5.6; Komplete 10; Stylus RMX

musicdevelopments
KVRAF
2995 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Post Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:43 am

Thanks!
Yes, good idea, thebutler, I just did that!

GreyLion
KVRAF
2975 posts since 21 May, 2004 from Deep in the Heart of Texas

Post Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:16 pm

Hey, Attila -- Sorry to be the bug in the ointment on this one.

I just downloaded and installed 3.62. Install completed fine, but when I try to load RC, it opens a blank window. If I wait a bit, I get a message that RC has stopped working. The only way I can close the window is to kill the process in Task Manager. I've uninstalled, run CCleaner, reinstalled, and same result.

I reverted to 3.52, which is the latest update I have on hand, and it loads and runs fine.

Needless to say, it could be something specific to my system. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium x64 with 16 GB RAM.

Let me know if you need more info to troubleshoot. I'm looking forward to playing with the new features. Thanks!

musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Post Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:56 am

Hi GreyLion,

ouch! This new update requires at least a Core 2 Duo with SSSE3. All processors are capable of SSSE3 since 2006 July. Is there a chance you have an older processor?
Please right click on "Computer" in the windows start menu and select Properties. What is displayed about your processor?

Thanks,
Attila

Mykyndryd_
KVRer
23 posts since 10 Feb, 2018

Post Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:17 am

EDIT: Ignore this - if I hold down the ctrl key or alt or shift and double click, it seems to work fine.

Hi Atilla.
In this version, I am having trouble splitting bars to insert another chord. No matter how fast I double click, the suggestions appear and the bar is not split.

This is intermittent (unfortunately) but has happened a few times now.

Am I doing anything wrong?

EDIT: Ignore this - if I hold down the ctrl key or alt or shift and double click, it seems to work fine.

Cheers.
Mike.

musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Post Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:53 am

Hi Mike,

The best is using alt+single click.
In the near future the Quick Suggestions will appear only when you want it to appear. So it will be a bit friendlier.

Thanks,
Attila

GreyLion
KVRAF

Post Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:16 pm

Hey, Atilla -- Ah. Sounds like that's the issue. I have an AMD Phenom II 4-core proc from 2010, running at 2.8 GHz, which has been plenty fast enough for my needs.

But -- It doesn't have SSSE3. AMD didn't adopt that until their next generation of CPUs.

Not your problem, as it's unrealistic to expect you to support older architectures forever. I'm not planning to upgrade any time soon, since I have a stable, happy system. I probably won't build myself another rig until Threadripper stabilizes and drops to around $200, which is a couple of years out.

Thanks for letting me know! I guess I'll be frozen at the 3.52 release.

musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Post Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:48 am

Hi GreyLion,

I won't let you use an old version. I'll send you a PM with download links soon.
Until v3.63 is released you can use this update. I'll make sure all future versions work well with your CPU.

Thanks,
Attila

GreyLion
KVRAF

Post Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:24 pm

Hey, Attila -- I apologize for being so delayed in getting back to you after you sent me the modified update. This week has been... challenging. Only today have I had a chance to load it and mess with it a bit.

Anyhow -- As far as I can tell, everything works fine! Thank you so much!

So far, I use RC in only the most superficial ways, so there may be an issue lurking, but I don't see any problems at all so far.

I appreciate your extreme level of customer support. However, I truly don't expect you to indefinitely cater to those of us with really older rigs. If being unable to implement code with the SSSE3 extensions means holding back development of RC, I say go ahead and take care of the majority of your customers in making RC even more awesome in the future. I'll catch up sooner or later. :hug:

musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Post Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:52 am

Hi GreyLion,

thanks for the feedback, I am happy that it works well for you! :)

Thanks!
Attila

musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Re: Latest update: v3.63 (January 15, 2019)

Post Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:53 am

v3.63 is available with small fixes for problems reported after v3.62.

Thanks!
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”