Obscurium Midi Out

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I cannot find a way to get the arpeggios generated from Obscurium to another DAW via Obscurium Midi Out on a Network Session. Any guess? Might be easy, but I can´t do it. Thanks in advance.

Hi kuck,

MIDI out of Obscurium over Network Session should work well from our side. Are you on macOS or Windows? Are you using the standalone version or Obscurium within a Host?
If you are using Obscurium within a DAW please let me know which one.
And are you working with the AU or VST version of Obscurium?
Anyway, could you please let me know some more details about your exact MIDI Network Setup,
so that I can be more specific or figure out what might go wrong?

Best & Thanks,
Nadine

Hi Nadine!
Thank you for your answer.
I´m using Obscurium on MacOS 10.10.5. as stand-alone or VST Plugin in Ableton Live 8 Traction 7. My Midi Network is connected to my iPhone (works with Midi in other cases) via Audio-Midi Setup in Network Connection. Is that enough detail?
Take care, Ludwig

Ok, if you have successfully created a Network Session using the Mac Audio/MIDI Setup and you're using the standalone version just make sure to choose your Network session from the file menu of Obscurium (Preferences->Midi Ouput).

If you are using Obscurium with a DAW make sure you have the correct setup. Here is how it works in Ableton...Create a MIDI track and select Obscurium twice as input, your network session as output and don’t forget to enable record on that track.

The "Midi Only" button in the PITCH tab should be deactivated and you may also check if the ARP Envelope in the AMP ENV Tab is fully set to ON. The trigger sequencer uses the Arp envelope. So if it's possibly set to middle position (or even fully turned to Midi Envelope) your target synth won't play the notes generated by Obscurium's sequencer.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Nadine
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”