Two new Plugin Alliance products announced: SPL Iron & SPL HawkEye

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

*blushing* lol
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

I decided to pass on IRON this time around. With my vouchers, I can get one of IRON or HawkEye for $50 and the other for $100. I am really enjoying HawkEye. I tried IRON on a mastering session and frankly for the specific track I was working on, I didn't like it (I prefer the track without it). So, I'll for HawkEye and keep and eye on IRON maybe for later. I was getting some good results with IRON on other tracks and applications. :phones:

plexuss wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:53 am I decided to pass on IRON this time around. With my vouchers, I can get one of IRON or HawkEye for $50 and the other for $100. I am really enjoying HawkEye. I tried IRON on a mastering session and frankly for the specific track I was working on, I didn't like it (I prefer the track without it). So, I'll for HawkEye and keep and eye on IRON maybe for later. I was getting some good results with IRON on other tracks and applications. :phones:
Vertigo Sound will be coming out with VSC-3 plugin either this month or next month. I think that thing will be something worth l̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶w̶a̶r̶d̶ saving to :)

soulone82 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:32 pm Image
Do you know the guy on the pic ? :D
I assume only french people can recognize him...
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

SiliconDeath wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:47 pm Vertigo Sound will be coming out with VSC-3 plugin either this month or next month. I think that thing will be something worth l̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶w̶a̶r̶d̶ saving to :)
Seriously ?!? :o
Where does this information come from ?
Now I'm very interested.... I LOVE my VSC-2 ! :hyper:

DJErmac wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:28 pm
SiliconDeath wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:47 pm Vertigo Sound will be coming out with VSC-3 plugin either this month or next month. I think that thing will be something worth l̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶w̶a̶r̶d̶ saving to :)
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... tcount=212

SiliconDeath wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:39 pm
Thank you so much !! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

SiliconDeath wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:39 pm
Have they left Plugin Alliance?

DJErmac wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:59 pm
Who’s that guy?

martinjuenke wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:43 am
DJErmac wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:59 pm
Who’s that guy?
Pierre Bellemare, a very very very famous french TV and radio personality (also writer and a lot of things actually), mostly known for telling tragic crime stories and also jokes. He died last year.

Looks like a nice Grandfather...

Tappistry wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:30 pm
MadDogE134 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:23 pm i don't care about the sound... i just like twiddling with the tiddies lol what other compressor gives you THAT? lol
Best post of the month right here.
This one gets high marks, too. I shouldn't drink beverages when reading KVR threads. :hihi:
Do all you aliasing fanatics and nitpicky sinefiddlers really think that the whole developer team at PA etc. never put a goddamn test signal through their new device?

plexuss wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:53 amI am really enjoying HawkEye. I tried IRON on a mastering session and frankly for the specific track I was working on, I didn't like it (I prefer the track without it). So, I'll for HawkEye and keep and eye on IRON maybe for later. I was getting some good results with IRON on other tracks and applications. :phones:
+1 on HawkEye. Will still be other analyzers I'll pull up that do some things that HawkEye cannot, but PA really knocked it out of the park- a surprise tool at that.

Re: Iron- I'm not one to really opine on mastering duties, and don't know how much I'd experiment with it in that regard, however...

It's seems uber useful if you toss the mastering context out and look at Iron for it's versatility & toneshaping options on individual elements / bus duties. In that respect I'd put it with an elite few.

DJErmac wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:25 am My personal opinion is that Iron sounds sweet, very clean and transparent, but is far from being the best compressor I've ever heard (and I find it very hard to tweak it exactly to taste). I've been very surprised by the comments I've read on Gearslutz too.
I think a large portion of self proclaimed GS experts (who never have time to mix/finish songs and release them because they post on there 100 times a day in every thread about ... everything) are more impressed by GUIs than sound and functionality.

If you dress it up, it's a winner, aka the "Acustica syndrome" with their rendered GUIS that impress the eyes and lead everyone, sheep like, into drinking the placebo koolaid. And the "Waves syndrome" with their branding (while a lot of waves plugs don't pass muster on analog emulation)

Pay Greg Wells to endorse your plug and the sheepy thinkers suddenly feel validated into purchase, thinking "ok I don't need to test it for myself and see if it's just hype it's been pre-vetted by a pro", and that sells, even when the Pro may not realise there's already 100 other plugs that do the same job. Marketing > reality in many places, and plug-ins are one of those, the higher/better/more expensive the marketing, the more suspicious I am of the quality/company/results. I've learned this from experience. Many smaller/quieter devs put out really good stuff without big names or hype (Fuse Audio, Black Rooster, Kazrog etc)

The placebo/marketing hype applies with this comp no doubt as it's based on real hardware and looks quite slick.

PA have always been hit or miss for me anyway with most of their analog emulations.

Return to “Effects”