Zebra 3/Hive schedule?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2 Zebra

Urs wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:27 pm
jackmazzotti wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:34 pm Would love to see scale quantization on portamento too!
If my original concept form pitch management is being executed, there'll be quantised portamento (I call it "Glissando", not sure if that's technically correct), too.
Check out Vitals per OSC scales - I found that very intuitive to use, can be local and global - absolute/relative.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

The concept for Zebra3 is a bit more modular and planned for efficiency than per oscillator scales. The idea is, you can set up up to four different scales and your oscillators/FMOs/Combs/Filters can subscribe to any of those. As in the vast majority of cases you'd only need 1 scale, you also only have to set it up once and be done with it.

(there's another twist to it to make things even easier and faster, but I won't go into detail just yet. Only, we have devised this in the early planning stages in 2012 and implemented it about four years ago... there's not really much more work to do, I just haven't memorised how close it ever got to my original concept)

This is sort of what I am envisioning for the "wavetable" LFO
https://maxforlive.com/images/screensho ... if&id=7006

Sorry if everybody but me knows this already, but when is Zebra 3 coming out?

critza wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:58 pm Sorry if everybody but me knows this already, but when is Zebra 3 coming out?
Still, once I have 6 months without distractions. Which is a period that hopefully starts after our upcoming ARM update is out, plus updates for MFM, Filterscape and finally Uhbik.

Urs wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:23 pm (there's another twist to it to make things even easier and faster, but I won't go into detail just yet. Only, we have devised this in the early planning stages in 2012 and implemented it about four years ago... there's not really much more work to do, I just haven't memorised how close it ever got to my original concept)
That far back, huh? when the synth is finally released, maybe there should be a "History of Zebra3" that condenses the past ten years or so and everything that went into making this synth. It might make for a fun read!

Urs wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:03 pm Still, once I have 6 months without distractions. Which is a period that hopefully starts after our upcoming ARM update is out, plus updates for MFM, Filterscape and finally Uhbik.
Does this mean that MFM and Filterscape are prior to Uhbik? Major upgrades, or more like catching up with preset browser etc?

It's all good news anyway, I'm just really looking forward to the new Uhbik!

I too was wishing Uhbik to be next.

I am at the age where I am beginning to worry about departing before Zebra 3 arrives. That would be so sad. But, DEO volente
바보

Urs wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:20 pm The concept for Zebra3 is a bit more modular and planned for efficiency than per oscillator scales. The idea is, you can set up up to four different scales and your oscillators/FMOs/Combs/Filters can subscribe to any of those. As in the vast majority of cases you'd only need 1 scale, you also only have to set it up once and be done with it.
Will we be able to set up custom scales? I tend to go with 'what sounds good' versus pre-determining a certain scale I want to work with. So I usually writing in very unusual keys.

MFM and Filterscape mostly get new UIs, new presets and a few internal upgrades. We're having discussions about whether or not making it major version changes. The Filterscape update will require a newly generated serial number. There isn't much more development needed, it's mostly just polishing. Should bind developers for weeks, not months.

Uhbik is a more complex matter. The new algorithms (e.g. Natural reverb mode) are not yet surround capable. We haven't figured out how to do external sidechain and surround. There are still few dozen open issues and tasks. Many issues arise from the code that was written by developers who left us, which was the main reason to push Uhbik back until after the big performance update as we now call it.

That massive update (which also MFM, Filterscape and Uhbik benefit from) is still producing new issues (size of scrollbars and stuff), so we're still busy finalising that, while a good bunch of us have left for summer vacations.

Shiek927 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:35 am
Urs wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:20 pm The concept for Zebra3 is a bit more modular and planned for efficiency than per oscillator scales. The idea is, you can set up up to four different scales and your oscillators/FMOs/Combs/Filters can subscribe to any of those. As in the vast majority of cases you'd only need 1 scale, you also only have to set it up once and be done with it.
Will we be able to set up custom scales? I tend to go with 'what sounds good' versus pre-determining a certain scale I want to work with. So I usually writing in very unusual keys.
I don't know. I haven't got a concept for a scale editor.

Urs wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:56 am
Shiek927 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:35 am
I don't know. I haven't got a concept for a scale editor.
No problem! having some scale options at all is helpful and it's really only on arps or maybe complex patches that I'd be worried about going out of tune. Hope you get those six months without distraction!

Return to “u-he”