Zebra 3/Hive schedule?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2 Zebra

Ah, wait, you're talking about a quantiser rather than a micro tuning editor. Yes, that'll certainly work like it does in Hive: Just select the keys you want and those are what you get.

Urs wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:38 am Ah, wait, you're talking about a quantiser rather than a micro tuning editor. Yes, that'll certainly work like it does in Hive: Just select the keys you want and those are what you get.
Oh, thank you!! yes, I was referring to scales as-in choosing the key of a song and keeping all the notes in-tune to it. My apologies if I wasn't clear on that. I'm still not brave enough to play around with micro-tuning in any of my synth patches haha.

I hope that Hive 3 will have "FX" version included of the plugin (like Zebrify or SerumFX). That's my biggest complaint on Hive 2 really.

Let's talk about Hive 3 *after* there is a Zebra 3 and a Diva 2...

Urs wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:13 am Let's talk about Hive 3 *after* there is a Zebra 3 and a Diva 2...
DIVA 2!!! :o

Can't wait!

This, of course, is *not* an announcement. I'm only referring to this speculative thread:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=475098

We currently have no plans or schedule for Hive 3 or Diva 2. We still work tirelessly to create a window in which we can finally do the major work on Zebra3.

Any chance for new Hive 2 skin? Original is, well, not good and Izmo is good module layout wise but the color is terrible, hard to get by when everything looks so flat and crowded. Some colors and more prominent borders wouldnt hurt at all.

I don't know what you have cooking for Zebra 3, but I recently fell in love with Arturia's Synclavier V and it completely changed my view on additive synthesis. So it made me want to get into the SpectroBlend features and that was alright. But I keep going back to Synclavier V because it's such a pleasure to work with. It only has 24 harmonics though, so it's somewhat limited compared to Zebra 2. But the Synclavier also has a whole carrier and modulator per partial so you can do crazy FM (even just 2-op FM with full spectral blending starts to eclipse the DX7). With Zebra 2 I can do FM with a spectral oscillator as a modulator but not as a carrier.

So I don't want to suggest anything specific but it would be awesome if the additive/Synclavier-esque features were played up a lot in Zebra 3. There's so much power there, and it would be neat for more people to get their hands dirty with it. Take a look at Synclavier V and see how cool it is with the frames. Blending between waves and even having instant transitions, all tempo-synced, you can start to do crazy stuff that sounds like a Wavestation wave sequence even. I suppose all this is technically possible with Zebra 2 as-is, but you'd have to get clever with MSEGs. And that's alright with me, but it would be cool if Synclavier-esque additive synthesis stepped into the 21st century in Zebra 3. Imagine putting spectral waves on a timeline, sort of like MSEGs but for "frames" of spectral data. All synced, with loop points. With the 128 harmonics of Zebra. Phew!

Urs wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:45 am We still work tirelessly to create a window in which we can finally do the major work on Zebra3.
This sounds like you still don't know when that's going to happen.

Oh well, I've been waiting 11 years for Zebra 3, I guess I can wait another couple of years. :)

viewtopic.php?p=4326856#p4326856

pierb wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:11 pm
Oh well, I've been waiting 11 years for Zebra 3, I guess I can wait another couple of years. :)

viewtopic.php?p=4326856#p4326856
Probably time to move on at this point. Zebra 2 it is.
"and the Word was Sound..."
https://www.youtube.com/user/InLightTone

Figured I'd pop back in and ask if anymore news on Z3's development is known.

Merry Xmas eve btw. :)

Still waiting for MFM 2.5 to go final, Filterscape update and some kind of progress with Uhbik.

(there are plans to free myself from these projects as much as possible so I can do some work on Z3 in parallel... let's see how that works out in the new year...)

Oh, and yes, Merry Xmas!

1. As always, I really appreciate the communication. <3
2. Did I read somewhere that there's to be a discount on MFM 2.5, as there was with colour copy/ twangstrom at the time of launch or?

vvilms wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:58 pm 2. Did I read somewhere that there's to be a discount on MFM 2.5, as there was with colour copy/ twangstrom at the time of launch or?
MFM2.5's price will INCREASE upon launch to $99. So you're meant to consider the $79 you can currently purchase it for the intro price!

From the MFM2.5 thread:
The price for MFM2 will stay at 79,-€ during the beta period, but will be raised to 99,-€ once the update is officially released. We hope for a release early next year.

The update from previous versions of MFM2 will, of course, be free for all existing customers.

Return to “u-he”