Lemur for IOS

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Does anyone use Lemur for Ipad?

What are its main features? Is it worth buying?
Could you use it as a midi controller?

Thanks

PS: I tried researching about it but there is very little information about that on web. Very few youtube videos available.

It's discontinued.

damn didn't know it was discontinued. there's still touchosc.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

Whats touchosc

touchosc is similar to Lemur. You can build templates or download them and control synths.

Lemur is discontinued from my knowledge. ROLI have come up with some decent hardware controllers, you could use the blocks to do your MIDI controllers.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

Well, you can still buy the ios version, the hardware was discontinued long ago. I would not expect any further developement though.
I got it some time ago but still use mostly TouchOSC. Lemur is way more free to design a user interface. If its just about standard faders, knobs and buttons, TouchOSC is easier, if you want to have it also making sound have a look at MobMuPlat - ugly as hell (no, worse -) but lets you create your own UI within a Pd patch, can also be abused for OSC/Midi tasks. That would be the free variant...

I was always a fan of 'TB MIDI Stuff' and made a few templates for my Yamaha synths. By the time I purchased Lemur I was moving off the iPad. My hope has been to lay my iPad Mini on my keyboard and control Ableton Live and synths. But that hasn't happened yet. So far I've been able to accomplish what I want with knobs/buttons on my keyboards.

Lemur is still a useful app, but accept that there will be no more updates. I've never been sure if it can handle SysEx which is one thing I especially like about TB MIDI Stuff.

To the OP, Lemur, and other apps like it, are really great for creating synth editors or DAW controllers. I have found them less useful as a keyboard controller. They are sufficient if that's all you have.

MIDI Designer Pro 2 might also be of interest to the OP.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id492291712

what is it used for ?
editing midi faster ?
Is it for faster workflows ?

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”