Which touchscreen tablet?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
mungbeans
KVRist
33 posts since 13 Oct, 2015

Post Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:18 am

I’ve got a iPad Pro and like the interactabiliy of using a touchscreen to control a soft synth, but missing being able to do this with my Mac soft synths and so am wondering if I should get a windows tablet and install my daws and synths on there.
Any recommendations? Is the surface pro the best option?

(P.S. tried using logic remote on the iPad but you can’t visually see the synth you want to control, also tried the duet app to link my iPad to my Mac but it was a rubbish laggy experience, also looked up lemur templates but there there aren’t any apart from some for rob papens synths)

T-CM11
KVRAF
2276 posts since 31 Jan, 2003 from Ghent, Belgium

Re: Which touchscreen tablet?

Post Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:36 am

Which DAW? Which soft synths? What do you like about the iPad experience?
Most plugins are made to be controlled by mouse/keyboard. If all you want is replacing the mouse cursor with (a) finger(s)... go for it!

mungbeans
KVRist
33 posts since 13 Oct, 2015

Post Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:22 am

Yes just using a finger/pencil instead of a mouse is basically what I like using the iPad for.

Multiple synths, but mostly Dune 3, Spire, Omnisphere. I use Logic on the Mac but would use Reason 10 on Windows.

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
6225 posts since 12 May, 2008

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:39 am

I tried a few and ended up going with a dell xps 15’ 2-in-1 (9575 model). I like having it as a normal laptop most of the time but the pen use is cool. I also like that the ssd is upgradeable so I went to 2tb ssd inside.

I use bitwig which has some great touch gestures, although the touch functionality isn’t totally complete.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.

fmr
KVRAF
8302 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:08 am

Are you meaning a full Windows machine, only with a touch-ready display?

@ Echoes in the Attic: How are you finding the response of the Dell? And what audio interface are you using?
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”