Adding chords to the palette

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm trying to add a simple Gb-5 chord. I think my theory is off here as I don't see any b-5 chords in the palette.

How do I add this chord in the palette ?

I'd like to know both manually and with using midi keyboard please.

Or another way of saying it I just want power chords.

EDIT: I have found one way by using chromatic in chord list. Why are those chords appearing in red are'nt they found in the scale ? (the third of the chord is not in key but it's not present in that chord)
But I woulld like to add it to the palette. Or still by using the keyboard.
Also I found I can drag from the chord selector.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

You would do that based on Chord Rules.. You would have to create a set of Chord rules and add that chord to it.

Ok Thanks I'll try that !
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Unless I don't get what you are talking about, creating chord rules is only for numerical numbers. I can't add a type of chord to the rules.

I'll look at this.. I am working on documenting RC via video and to do so, stuff has to work.. so, if you do find anything unusual, submit as a bug, for now.

Try entering the chord as a voicing on the master track as an absolute chord, then change the naming via the master track to see what it displays. then, if it works, use that as a chord rule name..

You have full control over the chords. You can add your own chords or remove them.
First of all please check, there is a "Flat 5th" chord in the chord browser, but I am not 100% sure that it is correctly defined:

You mentioned that it is a power chord, so I suppose it should consist of only two notes. I had to laugh when I checked several websites for how a C-5 looks like, they show completely different notes:
https://www.scales-chords.com/chord/piano/C-5
http://www.chorderator.com/?optionsDisp ... =0&size=30

So you can remove the middle note from "Flat 5th" if that is what you are looking for.
The current "-5" chord is offered in the chord palette everywhere, I can show you screenshots, it is just rarely on scale.

On the other hand I think 2-note "chords" are not displayed in the palette. Maybe it should be a user option. You can enter them from your computer or MIDI keyboard.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Manual input of chords from keyboard (in palette) does'nt allow 2 notes chords or am I missing something ?
Does'nt work on master track either.

My theory is very soso I wrote C-5 but actually I meant C5.
So if we could manually add those (and others) to the palette it would be sweet.

Like user palettes that could saved and loaded. Sometimes I just need one borrowed chord and instead of using a slot in the palette(Scale#1, 2 and 3) adding just 1 or 2 would be great.
Adding manually just a few chords would allow me to keep the slots open for other progression. Extra slots also could be benefifcial IMO.

Boone777 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:10 pm Manual input of chords from keyboard (in palette) does'nt allow 2 notes chords or am I missing something ?
Does'nt work on master track either.
It should work on the master track (but not in the palette at the moment):
Boone777 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:10 pm My theory is very soso I wrote C-5 but actually I meant C5.
So if we could manually add those (and others) to the palette it would be sweet.
I see. Today I added a new setting, which lets you display 2-note chords in the Chord Selector. You'll find "Display 2-Note Chords In Chord Selector" under Settings / Miscellaneous / Chords in the next beta version.
When this setting is enabled, you can input 2-note chords from the MIDI keyboard too in the Chord Selector.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Seeewweeeet!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”