I fell in love with the V Collection

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hemmick Reef wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:13 pm I have the V Collection, enough to keep any soft synth head engaged for a long long time. So many to get to know and being classic synths, most that I will never even see, makes it even more of a joy!

The resizable GUI's make the experience so good. Integration - synths together in the same software package, easy updating with one company and what have they got lined up for the future?.... always looking forward to that.

This is what convinced me with how close they are to the original synths - after hearing the likes of the Tangerine Dream, Vangelis, Depeche Mode, etc. sounds:

https://www.arturia.com/products/analog ... ion/sounds

Soundwise it's all there, just dig in and experiment.
These sound expansions are great.I have the pink floyd and switched on Bach tribute.
Not perfectthough.

Stefken wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:20 am Tip: They typically need a bit more oumph compared to other vsts. Inserting one or more saturators after the instrument will take care of that.
Ingonator uses waves on knob phattener.

Stokely wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:34 pm I maybe should have jumped on that insane reverb deal that appeared for a couple days...(soundtoys and v-collection). It's still there, and the price is still a good deal (less than v-collection by itself I think and you get every soundtoys plugin).

Problem: I really want Kontakt for non-synth instruments, and by far the best bang-for-buck in my estimation is to get Komplete. I will get a lot of use out of fm8, massive x and reaktor at the least, as well. So I got Komplete select and will wait for (hopefully) an upgrade sale. That sucked my funds away for now. If I don't end up buying some hardware for live use, who knows.

I wish Arturia had a bundle where you could pick say 5 instruments for a discount (for that matter, I wish Native Instruments would do this as well). There are too many in there I definitely do not need. I like that their newer instruments are getting the best reviews though, tells me they are working to improve.
They are different beasts.
Arturia is all separate vst's; their older plugins are a bit dated in the sound department; their latest are very good both guiwise and soundwise.
Native instruments is a bit the opposite. At one time they had all the good stuff (kontakt, fm8, reaktor, massive) but they kinda lost their punch and their latest releases have all been so-so. Not much innovation anymore; they keep building on their legacy: Kontakt and Reaktor. They 've become Sampled Instruments in a way with a lot of focus on sample packs and less on synthesis. Arturia is all about synthesis.
We don't know what Massive-X will bring but it will be a separate vst at least. I think it will be and important release for Native Instruments. If they f**k it up, people might steer away from NI while at one time they were pretty much king of the hill.

All imo of course.

bill45 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:45 pm
Stefken wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:20 am Tip: They typically need a bit more oumph compared to other vsts. Inserting one or more saturators after the instrument will take care of that.
Ingonator uses waves on knob phattener.
That will do the trick as well.
Last edited by Stefken on Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stokely wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:34 pm I wish Arturia had a bundle where you could pick say 5 instruments for a discount (for that matter, I wish Native Instruments would do this as well). There are too many in there I definitely do not need. I like that their newer instruments are getting the best reviews though, tells me they are working to improve.
That would of been a go to deal for me actually... maybe a couple more synths though, or options to choose so many for a certain price - the more the cheaper per synth?
Last edited by Sound Mechanics on Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noted. I probably wouldn't have ventured into NI-ville but so many instruments that I've seen require the full version of Kontakt.

Monark does sound really good I must say.

If Arturia updates the cs80 that is going to be tough to resist. I also "need" a Prophet, but after demoing Repro I can't imagine improving on that...it's on my wishlist too.

The arturia website is very difficult to navigate.

Hemmick Reef wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:13 pm I have the V Collection, enough to keep any soft synth head engaged for a long long time. So many to get to know and being classic synths, most that I will never even see, makes it even more of a joy!

The resizable GUI's make the experience so good. Integration - synths together in the same software package, easy updating with one company and what have they got lined up for the future?.... always looking forward to that.

This is what convinced me with how close they are to the original synths - after hearing the likes of the Tangerine Dream, Vangelis, Depeche Mode, etc. sounds:

Thank for the link. I always have trouble finding the sound banks.

bill45 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:02 pm

Thank for the link. I always have trouble finding the sound banks.
No problems!

Vangelis, ELP Genesis.

Listening to the Drvine signature for DX7 V.
I upgraded for DX7v primarily.Got the pigments Deal.
What is the best way to install the upgrade?
The arturia software center says V6 has 21 instruments.
I have a bunch already installed.
Thanks

bill45 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:16 pm Listening to the Drvine signature for DX7 V.
I upgraded for DX7v primarily.Got the pigments Deal.
What is the best way to install the upgrade?
The arturia software center says V6 has 21 instruments.
I have a bunch already installed.
Thanks
Your purchased instruments should show in the centre... then if you buy the V Collection it will just add the synths that you do not own.
But in your account on the Arturia site, your previous synths will show the single licences that you have already purchased as well as the V Collection Licence. You can sell your old individual licences once you have the V-Collection, but you obviously cannot sell individual synths from the collection.

Stokely wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:52 pm Monark does sound really good I must say.
Legend is considered the best emulation but Monark is very good instrument in its own right. Just another flavour.
Stokely wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:52 pm If Arturia updates the cs80 that is going to be tough to resist.
What's the problem with CS-80? One of my favorites. Not an exact emulation but again a very good instrument in its own right.

Stokely wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:52 pm I also "need" a Prophet, but after demoing Repro I can't imagine improving on that...it's on my wishlist too.
I consider the Arturia Prophet one of it's weakest emulations imo. Repro is very good. Can't imagine improving on that either.

Stokely wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:52 pm I also "need" a Prophet, but after demoing Repro I can't imagine improving on that...it's on my wishlist too.

Stefken wrote:
I consider the Arturia Prophet one of it's weakest emulations imo. Repro is very good. Can't imagine improving on that either.
I have Repro which is very good and probably has the edge but listening to the Kraft Tribute soundest I'd have no problems with using Prophet V in a track.

Ooooh man, I was already about to buy this bundle. This is getting me super amped up!

Return to “Instruments”